Respected Contributor

He is sickening!

Thank goodness she is okay!

If he didn’t pull her in after she pulled back it might have been worse because she might have lost her balance and fell.

There is no way people can convince me this is okay.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

The dumb thing was posting it on social media so everyone can put in their two cents...

That's it exactly. I can only imagine if social media existed when parents smoked around their kids, hit their kids as an accepted form of "discipline", or any other similar behaviors.

I'm more concerned with Tyreek Hill, Adrian Peterson, and other NFL players who more probably than not physically abused their kids. Sports are full of athletes who have abused wives, girlfriends, and children and haven't suffered any consequences for it. So to say that if any athlete other than Tom Brady did this there would be consequences, that's just not true.

Don't know why it was even brought up, but there was zero wrong with Tom kissing his son either. He was brought up to be physically affectionate by his parents, they were with him. His wife grew up in a culture in which that's more the norm as well. To me it's a very sad state of affairs to think that's wrong. Kids need love and affection, from both parents. It's a personal parenting choice and decision.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

This thread is a good example of why we need Dads, Moms are all about worrying and keeping kids safe and Dads are much more about teaching kids to be adventurous. I watched a little girl face plant off her scooter the other day when she was with her Dad. He just asked if she was ok and stood there while she got back on. Mom probably would have made a bigger deal.

Iit's clear in the video the girl wants to do this. At 6 I would have wanted to myself and that's truley the age that you have the nerve to learn. I wish I'd learned to ski as a little kid because now it's scary to me.

He does the countdown and when she thinks he's about to say 3 she starts to go, then she puts her foot back thinking he wasn't ready and right has he does that he says three and off they go. He's not a child abuser. He's familiar with this area and obviously lots of people jump there. It's not some random place that hasn't been checked out.

Esteemed Contributor

Idiot is a polite way of describing his actions.  If he weren't a so called celebrity, he'd be facing reckless endangerment charges!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

The dumb thing was posting it on social media so everyone can put in their two cents...

Yeah but social media FEEDS the ego of those who must have their ego fed,  ya know.

Brady would certainly not be alone in needing an ego feed.  That doesn't make him a bad parent.

Eh....needing your ego to be fed can cause many to do stupid things in order to get attention. Remember the ice cream licking incident? 

Like others have said, you post it on SM, you get the feedback you get. Some believe he's a recklass idiot, others think he's Mr. Wonderful.

So he's not perfect.  Why does anyone expect him to be?  

And I don't think he's a reckless idiot or Mr. Wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Because it's their opinion. Agree, disagree, whatever.  They're just opinions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brady is an IDIOT!

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

A cliff??? 

Yeah....that was questioned many times over on social media.

Backyard swimming pools have diving boards higher.😆

------

Thank you for mentioning that @sidsmom . When I saw the supposed cliff, I thought the high dive in their swimming pool is probably higher than the cliff.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brady is an IDIOT!

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom 

I don't know what video you were watching, but all of them I've seen show that SHE didn't leap first, Brady did and pulled her along.

Maybe you should watch it a few more times or without 'blinders' on.

‘Blinders?’

Seriously? 😆😆

It’s a beautiful Sunday morning.  

Why all the angst over a total stranger?

Again....b.r.e.a.t.h.e.   It’s ok...the family had fun. 

@sidsmom 

Speaking of angst, ummm... check your responses.

Why all the hype over the posts of total strangers?

B r e a t h ... anyone interested in your view got it with your 1st post on the thread.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Because it's their opinion. Agree, disagree, whatever.  They're just opinions.

@SahmIam 

I don't know what question it is that you are answering.

And sure, just opinions.  I gave mine.

Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Having watched the video several times, I don't believe the girl pulls back at all.  She is eager to hump, she takes his hand, she tells him she is ready, he begins the count.  Her arm is bent at the elbow in order to hold his hand.  Her arm has to stretch out after he begins to jump.  A second of time transpires for her arm to stretch and catch up with his body in motion.  Yes, there is actual motion involved here.  He cannot physically take her side-by-side with their height differences in a dive.

The media headline prepares the reader in advance to what they shoud believe and people fall into it.  A small lesson in mind manipulation over reality.