Respected Contributor

Bonehead move. Those rocks are trecherous!

Honored Contributor

I'd love to see what some posters would be saying if this jump had not ended well. Would they still be throwing their adoration on this guy?

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I'd love to see what some posters would be saying if this jump had not ended well. Would they still be throwing their adoration on this guy?

I haven't read any posts of adoration for him. What am I missing?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

First, let it be known I can't stand TB.

Second, it was a bonehead move.

Third, she's too young for that activity.

Fourth, she wanted to do it, but wanted him to do it with her and he went along with it.  (This is where the bonehead factor comes in.)

At the last second she balked, so he had to pull her in to keep her from falling onto the rocks, and to make sure they were out far enough into the water to be clear.

Yes, it was stupid, but not criminal.

Finally, it should never had been posted on social media.

Respected Contributor

Brady is a poor excuse for a father.  Reckless and dangerous.  Wonder if he would have pulled this stunt in the US if he would be charged with child endangerment.  And let's hear it for his empty headed wife who posted the video and let it happen.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

The dumb thing was posting it on social media so everyone can put in their two cents...

Yeah but social media FEEDS the ego of those who must have their ego fed,  ya know.

Brady would certainly not be alone in needing an ego feed.  That doesn't make him a bad parent.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tom Brady is an IDIOT!

[ Edited ]

I didn't think it was horrific.  She might have gotten a sting from hitting the water hard.  I had pictured some wild and woolly place but this is partly a man-made environment.

I don't agree with media outlets that said he "dragged" her.

I am no Pats fan but honestly IMO this has nothing to do with anything except people living life.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brady is an IDIOT!

[ Edited ]

I too am shaking my head... but it isn't about Brady, who, incidentally, is far from being an idiot... His kind of success usually eludes dimwits...

It's about all the over-reactions and the hue and cry about 'poor parenting', 'abuse' and 'endangerment'. Whatever... I'd venture to say those children are cherished and well cared for by both their mother and their father. Oh, and for the record, I had no major issues with him kissing his son, either...

Given media's M.O. is to sensationalize and also given that the Brady witch hunt continues unabated, it seems, it probably wasn't the best choice to post this on social media but one might posit that the Brady family has decided to live their lives as they see fit and others can either like it or not... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Tom Brady has always been full of himself. Nothing new for him.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

The dumb thing was posting it on social media so everyone can put in their two cents...

Yeah but social media FEEDS the ego of those who must have their ego fed,  ya know.

Brady would certainly not be alone in needing an ego feed.  That doesn't make him a bad parent.

Eh....needing your ego to be fed can cause many to do stupid things in order to get attention. Remember the ice cream licking incident? 

Like others have said, you post it on SM, you get the feedback you get. Some believe he's a recklass idiot, others think he's Mr. Wonderful.