Honored Contributor

Today on The Talk they showed the video, and it was discussed, they al thought it was just fine for Tom to do this, only Carrie Ann expressed a bit of doubt. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Today on The Talk they showed the video, and it was discussed, they al thought it was just fine for Tom to do this, only Carrie Ann expressed a bit of doubt. 

Yes and they also showed several celebrities, friends of Tom's, who were

shocked at how dangerous and irresponsible all of this is.

Respected Contributor

Two bad decisions...doing it and posting on Instagram.

It was a blessing the child was not hurt.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I don't hate people that are rich and famous .. I do hate people

that think they are better than I am because they have money ...

My brother in law is like that ...looks down on everybody ...

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

Do we know who took the video? Has it occured to anyone it was Mom? Where was Mom? She's got to be there right? No responsible Mom would leave her kid with his Dad so maybe someone should be looking into her for being an idiot.

Man, I don't even like Brady but now I at least think he's a cool Dad.

@pigletsmom, I don't understand the above sentence.

Oh, and btw, it's really okay that you asked about the video even if it had come up earlier. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I was interested in everyone's opinions until the "have the last word" gal started her diatribe to prove everyone else wrong.   Pages upon pages of quotes to say nothing!  Make it go away.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have a grandson about the same age as this little girl. As a grandparent it would be up to me to assess whether he wanted to do something with potential danger and make a decision. Under no circumstances would jumping off a cliff with the potential to hit those rocks would be something I would allow him to do. The outcome may have been a disaster and I highly doubt the replies on this thread would be the same. (Yes, I watched the video)

A seven year old child does not have the experience or ability to judge such a situation. That is why we are in a position to Protect our children from harm.

I have no idea who Tom Brady is as I do not follow football. Anyone could have been with this child and I would hold the same opinion.

I would agree with you except that he was right there with her.  Holding her hand, guiding her, etc.  Without adult supervision this would have been dangerous for a young child for sure.  But he clearly knew what he was doing and he took his time.  There was nothing impulsive or reckless about it.   He wasn't filming her, he wasn't off to the side or watching from afar.  (Or not watching her at all, which sadly is the norm for many parents.)  He was right there with her, and doing it with her.  

There's potential for injury in a lot of activities.  This is no more dangerous than jumping on a trampoline or skiing or a whole lot of other things that kids do.  

I am not a Tom Brady fan.  But I have no problem with this at all.

Trusted Contributor

I disagree.  The daughter looked like she was going to jump, and since they were holding hands, she went, too.  No biggie.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Regular Contributor

Tom Brady IS an idiot!

Honored Contributor

No kidding, people of that ilk think because they are" special" and super rich,  nothing bad can happen to them. If Joe Average pulled a stunt like that with his kid, Child Services would be paying him a visit. Let's see if Child Services makes a call to the Brady residence.