Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brady and his wife Giselle have both hired divorce attorneys

Who knows what's really going on?  Only those two and maybe a few family members and friends.  Maybe the trouble came because of his decision to go back and play some more.  Or maybe he went back to playing because of the troubles.  I have to say, although you shouldn't judge someone just by looking at them, but I never cared for her.   I just for some reason got the impression that she might not be an easy person to please or get along with.  On the other hand, maybe his priorities are not right and his ego is out of control.  I think she has a big ego as well.  You put two people like that together and I can't imagine that would be easy.  However, it takes two to make or break a marriage or relationship.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

As I don't know the whole story, heck, probably don't even know a small portion of the story, I am of course saddened to hear of anyone's marriage breakup.  And yes, it is hardest on the children.  That being said, I, like many others have had to experience divorce with 2 young children.  And we (meaning us) all survived just fine.  Sure, it would have been nice to have kept the family unit intact, but unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be.

The Tom Brady Bunch on the other hand has the added luxury of having help for the mundane things in life.  Housekeepers, nannies, etc.  I had none of that.  Just was a full time working mother juggling the job, house, school, extracurricular activities and so on.

Those kids have loving parents, albeit separated, and won't have a care in the world as far as money goes.  I do wish them all the best going forward.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

This should be a relatively amicable split. Both are independently wealthy and seem relatively sane. Neither one needs support from the other. Dividing any communal property and figuring out child sharing are the only real legal issues to settle, and odds are both had lawyers creating a pre-nup before they ever married, so many of those details are likely already worked out through that pre-nup.

Now pre-nups aren't always as binding as people would like but given each of their wealth at the time of marriage, I would assume a mutually agreeable pre-nup was worked out before marriage. I don't think both of them are so stupid they married without a pre-nup. And both had agents and lawyers before marriage who would have been screaming for them to sign a good pre-nup. 

I doubt that the lawyers representing either one will get rich off of this. Assuming the prenup is reasonably solid and nothing was hidden before it (what could either one hide?) then the number of billable hours for the lawyers will likely be fairly few. You might be looking at as little as ten or so billable hours for the attorneys if everything prior to now has been handled correctly and the divorce is largely uncontested. It largely just comes down to completing the necessary paperwork.

The lawyers who created the initial pre-nup likely made more than those handling the divorce will get. That was likely more of a challenge to create. Modern pre-nups tend to cover every possible outcome and can end up being the size of a large book with every contingency covered. And pre-nups can be amended as time goes on to account for new situations. I suspect this divorce will largely be nothing more than paper filing for the attorneys for each if they go that far.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Who knows what's really going on?  Only those two and maybe a few family members and friends.  Maybe the trouble came because of his decision to go back and play some more.  Or maybe he went back to playing because of the troubles.  I have to say, although you shouldn't judge someone just by looking at them, but I never cared for her.   I just for some reason got the impression that she might not be an easy person to please or get along with.  On the other hand, maybe his priorities are not right and his ego is out of control.  I think she has a big ego as well.  You put two people like that together and I can't imagine that would be easy.  However, it takes two to make or break a marriage or relationship.  

@AngelPuppy1 I agree. I don't know her either, but for some reason I have never cared for her, she seems difficult and has a big ego, and so does he have a big ego as well, so you get two people like that together and throw in money and fame!!!!!!!   I hope for their children's sake, they are able to either work it out or end it amicably, they both do seem like good parents!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I need to add that Tom needs to stop being so self centered.  It's not about him but his family.  Wake up, Tom.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I would not put any stock in anything concerning any of his past relationships..the tabloids love this stuff and probably none of it is based on anything that is factual. I am not fan of Brady; he seems to have a "pretty boy" complex and is full of himself. I read about his daily eating routine and the huge number of supplements and vitamins he takes. It was in an article a few years ago and showed his bathroom counter...it had about 30 bottles lined up by the sink. The kids are also on a very strict diet; I think it is vegan but also cuts out a lot of other things like sugar, all flours, dairy, nuts, and other things like artificial colorings and flavorings. There is probably a fancy name for it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I can't imagine divorcing your husband who you are supposedly in love with and share 2 children with because he chooses to not retire from doing something he loves. There must be other factors involved. 

I have always gotten the impression that she wears the pants in the family. I am not a fan of either one of them but hope they can resolve their differences.

@LuvSoCal 

"She wears the pants in that family"?   

I am very surprised that people still use such a condescending comment ....  seriously?

My dad ran a business and my mom raised us.  His attitude was that he was the boss at work, and she was the boss at home.  It made perfect sense to everyone, and worked very well for everyone, and that was a long time ago.

Regardless of any outside influences, each couple needs to work out what makes the best sense for them.

From what I've read, if Tom is mostly gone for almost 6 months a year, Giselle should be running the household.   Do you think she should act helpless and sit on her hands 6 months a year?

It would seem to me that in 2022, marriages should be PARTNERSHIPS ...  and there is no "boss".     

Honored Contributor

Wears the pants is one of those 50's outdated sayings you see around here.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
Wears the pants is one of those 50's outdated sayings you see around here.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I recall that saying .... but what is sad is the mentality behind it ... like women shouldn't have a voice ... or some weird attitude that should have died out a looooong time ago.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Not necessarily. There's a woman in my family who some have said that about. t's not that women shouldn't and don't have a voice. In this case the woman is not nice and orders her hubby around where HE has no voice.