Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brady and his wife Giselle have both hired divorce attorneys

I'll contribute my thoughts which really haven't changed a whole lot in the 4+ decades I've lived divorced.     In every marriage, there are always at least 3 stories, his, hers, and the truth. 

No opinion here about the divorce of any one I don't know personally and even then, I'd most likely know only one of the 3 stories, nor know if what I "know" is complete even for the one of the pair I know better. 

Honored Contributor

I'll bet they gave him a killer deal to return!

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I hope this isn't another stunt like what Sylvester Stallone and his wife did.  Those kinds of things to get media attention are ridiculous.  

@gertrudecloset 

What makes you think either couple did this only for "media attention"?    They all have public relations people to do that job, and they are usually paid very well.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

With all due respect...I did not know so many people who post here know this family so well. Why play the "speculate " game? Not worth my time. They will do what is right for them. Just as a sidebar...people mentioned that it is so horrible that he only lives with his family for 6 months. Well at least they can get to see him. What about soldiers who are gone for longer periods? People do what they have to do.

Honored Contributor

I must say I find it surprising when people here insist some famous person has "enough" money and just doesn't need any more.   

How DARE they want to continue to work!  Shame on them!   Really?   lol

Honored Contributor

How much money does one actually need? Is it worth losing your family?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking another good reason his wife wants him to quit is maybe she is concerned 

that he will get hurt and be confined in a wheelchair. He is 45 right? Why take a chance that something serious could happen. He has it all now. The limelight doesn't last forever. Not worth losing your family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

How much money does one actually need? Is it worth losing your family?

@goldensrbest 

So, how much is "enough"?

When a person reaches "how much" do you think they should stop working, no matter what they want to do with their lives?  

I would be very suprised if they didn't have a charitable foundation or be strongly connected to one and want to put as much money into that as possible.

I also don't know what his plans are for after he stops playing football ... he will do something else, that's for sure.  I can't see someone like Tom Brady sitting in an easy chair with a remote in his hands for the next 30 years ... can you?

Working dads can still be good parents, you know.

I think the marriage was already in trouble .... and while some say he might have been cheating .... she might have also been cheating.  Who knows for sure?

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Trailrun23  For all those disparaging Tom, none of us know the "real" story.  We don't.  Football has been his life, and she knew what she was signing up for when she married him.  We don't know what motivated him to come out of retirement.  Ego?  Sure, but he's also at the top of his sport.  His wife is an elite super model.  She actually makes more than him.  Did she stop modeling?  I'm not sticking up for Tom, but his kids grew up with the "football" life.  Giselle has been a "football wife".  I've known a few men at the top of their game who just didn't want to retire.  They were savaged for it.  Yes they could afford it.  They were ripped for not caring about their family, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.  They just were not ready to give up the work.  It didn't mean more to them, but it was something they enjoyed.  To some men, retirement is death.  Since we don't know the whole truth behind their life I will wait until it comes out.  Just because one magazine, news story etc says such and such, what happens between a couple is between them.

Sure he has all the money in the world to kick back and enjoy life.  And all of us sitting here think he's nuts not to do just that.  But these top athletes live in a different mindset.  They hang it up, to them that's it.  Some can adjust but others it's just depression and feeling life has no meaning.  Again, I know everyone will pile on me and say "but his family"  and again his family has lived the football life.  We don't know what life is like off season for them, again we don't.  I'll wait for more information.  They both have super egos, they are both at the top of their professions.  And there is two sides to every story. Right, wrong, good, bad or indifferent.  

@eadu4 Gisele actually did stop modeling in 2015 to focus on their family.  I've read that she was looking forward to working outside of the home again once Tom retired.  I'm sure she was very disappointed when he un-retired and is also probably very concerned about his health, given the potential for injury.

Honored Contributor

Anyone know how many kids they have and approximate ages?  Are we talking small children or teenagers?