Honored Contributor

The building management where I work put signs up in the ladies offering a $500.00 reward for helping to catch whoever stole the wall hand sanitizer from the 7th floor to the 12th floor this past Friday.  I am on the 10th and it was only the ladies room not the men's room next to each one.  All our bathrooms in this office building have a four digit code to get the door to unlock so it is probably a woman who works here and not a visitor.  They plan on prosecuting for the theft.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I was watching an episode of "Cheapskates" this morning and one guy or gal bought 2 ply TP and separarated them and got 2 rolls out of one.  Another woman used face cloths or made squares out of material and use those for TP.  Her little boy was folding the face cloths, that had brown spots on them, and said to his mother, "these are dirty." She told him not to worry about that because they have been washed.  All this frugality (?) before the virus hit.   Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I really hope people are paying attention to the 'do not flush' advice with any non-tp paper!!    It's very important and even includes pre-moistened towelettes, many of which 'say' that they can be flushed.  They cannot, trust me!

Respected Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

If you run out of toilet paper, be careful not to flush things like paper towel or wipes because they can clog your plumbing and cause problems for treatment plants and or septic tanks. 

Came to say this! Anything else should go in a trash bag or, if it's a rag, the washing machine.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Very hard to find toilet paper in Westchester County, NY.  I just have 2 rolls left.  I was wondering.  Do you think in an emergency the Beekman 1802 Wipes would work?  I have 3 packs of them in the honey apricot scent.

Beekman wipes are biodegradable. 

"Biodegradable" is not the same as flushable. Even wipes marked flushable shouldn't be flushed because they don't break down properly and they create problems at the sewage treatment facilities. You can see videos about it on YouTube. 

Toilet paper is the only safe product for plumbing and processing. Good luck finding some!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

You could use tissues, napkins and/or paper towels.

DO NOT FLUSH THESE!

Honored Contributor

There is no flushable substitute for toilet paper!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

A lady in my neighborhood went to 4 stores today to find TP.  She says because she needed it.  Anyway while she was carrying in her groceries, someone walked up her driveway and stole the TP right out of her trunk!

I will keep my garage door closed from now on.

I'm afraid people are going to get very ugly before this gets better. I can't imagine stealing anything. And to just walk up to someones vehicle and steal it out of the trunk, well those people are playing with fire. They will do it to the wrong person one of these days. 

Respected Contributor
I was thinking if worse comes to worse, I will have to shower myself off. Sort of like a makeshift bidet. I can spare a couple of old washcloths for a period of time.

I wish the stores would have started to limit the number of packs per customer. I remember back in the 70’s that stores did just that. Rumors would start and people would go nuts.

Does anyone remember the beef shortage? There were reports of people stealing meat right off their neighbor’s grills.
Honored Contributor

We always have a large stash of paper towels.  My DH uses them for everything.  Family and friends have even bought him a case of paper towels for gifts along with Windex.

(inside joke)

Today, he was working in the garage with the overhead door open and someone stopped and asked if he could buy a few rolls.  The stash was visible from the street.

My DH said he gave him 4 rolls..no charge.  I told him to keep the garage doors closed or someone might break in while we are sleeping to steal the paper towels and whatever if they see something they need or could sell.  I also have two large freezers and a refrigerator out there.

This makes me nervous.  i would gladly help anyone who asks, but I am afraid of thieves breaking in.  My DH is a retired police officer and this would not end well if he caught someone.