Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toilet paper thief

[ Edited ]

That's pathetic and I cannot for the life of me understand this toilet paper craze. Unless other people aren't like me. We have extra toilet paper, extra food, extra sanitizer, extra cleaning supplies always on hand! When I see anything getting low we buy plenty more of it. Doesn't everyone do this? I can see if you don't have money to keep up with goods but otherwise don't people shop once a week and stock up?

And PS the one store here is now limiting hand sanitizer, bleach, toilet paper, spring water, pump soaps. And I'm glad! Also the one store here, they are just starting to have shopping for 60 yr olds and up ONLY in the morning from 6 to 7 am! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Sooner   I would tissues & napkins, they're both as lightwght as toilet paper.

Paper towels, my last resort

Respected Contributor

Just read on Facebook that toilet paper is being stolen from Interstate's restrooms.  Desperate people do desperate things.

Trusted Contributor

Coffee filters are a good substitute; just don't flush them.  My dear mother has been using paper towel when she doesn't have to flush, and saving her tp for when flushing is necessary.

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

That's pathetic and I cannot for the life of me understand this toilet paper craze. Unless other people aren't like me. We have extra toilet paper, extra food, extra sanitizer, extra cleaning supplies always on hand! When I see anything getting low we buy plenty more of it. Doesn't everyone do this? I can see if you don't have money to keep up with goods but otherwise don't people shop once a week and stock up?

And PS the one store here is now limiting hand sanitizer, bleach, toilet paper, spring water, pump soaps. And I'm glad! Also the one store here, they are just starting to have shopping for 60 yr olds and up ONLY in the morning from 6 to 7 am! 

I think most of us are spoiled by having well stocked grocery stores so we just purchase what we need for a short period of time usually one week. In my area I have not found toilet paper in the stores in over a week. I have never been one to keep stockpiles of supplies or food.  I guess we will have to change our buying habits after this.

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight  You are correct! It was just on our local news the state closed the Rest Areas due to toilet paper theft...good lord what have we become?????