Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Spurt 

Oh, no!  How terrible.  I suspect there are many drivers not getting much sleep.  I am thankful this man and his dog were not hurt.

@Witchy Woman 

Yes, glad he and his dog were okay....but I dont blame him when he said he was going to get a different job....I bet those truckers are exhausted! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Here's an amusing story.... a friend of mine went to a drive through at a local barbeque place, Bill Millers, ....as she was handed her order the girl at the window asked if she wanted to buy toilet paper, they were selling it for $1 each or 5 rolls for $5...LOL......a little expensive, but not a place you'd expect to buy TP--BARBEQUE & TOILET PAPER NO PLACE ELSE BUT TEXAS- Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I got mine through ebay.  Also got foaming soap from there to (I purchased) Prices  little high, but not the price gouging I've seen other places.  

I think you should add paper towels to your list of tough to get. Somebody plugged up Bounty Towels.  Have virtually disappeared on Amazon.  Outrageous we should be scrounging around for basic necessities. This virus thing is going take longer then the end of April. Summer heat might stop it for a couple of months.  Come October...the hole thing starts again.  Vaccine is abut 2 years away.

@songbird 

Price gouging is a reality.....A CVS got reported here.....a 4 pack Scott Toilet Paper normally sells for something like $4 and they were charging $9....!!!! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    I had ordered this just for you.  Too bad about the wreck.

@Spurt wrote:

Big rig hauling trailer full of toilet paper bound for San Antonio crashes, catches fire..............

Big rig hauling trailer full of toilet paper bound for San Antonio crashes, catches fire

SAN ANTONIO — A big rig driver hauling a trailer full of toilet paper to San Antonio survived a fiery crash near the Dallas area overnight. Police say the driver was driving to San Antonio from Alabama when he tried to look for a place to stop and rest, but before he could stop, he dozed off at the I-20 and I-45 interchange in the Dallas area.  

The truck driver and his dog were able to get out of the big rig safely and no firefighters were injured.

The interstate was closed for several hours as the truck was uprighted and towed away and the toilet paper debris removed from the highway and shoulder.

@Kachina624 

Oh well.....its the thought that counts..... Smiley Wink 

2jyqlixupax11.jpg

Respected Contributor
As long as some people continue to wipe out TP like maniacs when they encounter it (and whip out their phones to enlist family members to help circumvent the limit--yes, I've witnessed that at Wegmans), there will continue to be an artificial crisis. (There's no "shortage." It's all logistics.)

I've seen TP at Wegmans, Tops, and Walmart. It's certainly more available than it was at the beginning of all of this. Big Lots has had various brands even more consistently. On Monday, I saw a wall of TP in the back and, as I was checking out, a huge cart full of Angel Soft in the front of the store, yet to be stocked. At that time, everyone (including myself) passed it up.

Maybe it's a regional issue, but TP can easily be found here.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: I Re: Toilet paper = new gold

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

I have looked at Walmart online for toilet paper and paper towels, but it says in-store purchase only.  I'm pretty sure even things like peanut butter and pasta said in-store purchase only.  Are some of you talking about third-party sellers?

@VanSleepy 

I can't believe Wal-Mart is doing this. They tell people to stay home but you cannot order necessities online. Like you said it says in store purchase only which they don't have in store. Does not make sense.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Nightowlz  Oh I fully expect that.  Maybe in to August.  My fear is that the virus (which is usually dormant in summer) will go back out full throttle in October....

@songbird 

I know it's coming back. They just don't know if it will be the same as it is now or not as bad. Hopefully it won't be like it is now.  

Valued Contributor

I looked on Ebay for that new Microban Distenfectant.  Talking about price gouging, one was $300.  All were in the 20s and 30s and were asking for bids.  No thank you.