Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Back in the day corncobs, shells, stones, grass , leaves and animal hair were used to wipe. But modern day plumbing will not accommodate stuff like that.  What's a girl to do? ...hoard TP.

OMGoodness.....corncobs, shells stones!!!  Painful....whoever invented TP should have their special day of remembrance for a great invention LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought any because there wasn't any.  I also was not willing to wait inline at Costco to get some. W shave 10 rolls anyway, just 2 of us.

but I did buy toilet paper earrings on etsy

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  you should look into a bottom loading water cooler.  Even 5 gallon bottles of water are manageable and less expensive than cases of bottled water.  Plus the bottles are returned, sterilized and refilled.  There are lots of choices in style and price.

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/811691/811691021676.jpg?size=xl

We have one similar to this one, but I still couldn't handle the 5 gal jugs.Much too heavy for me.

@arrabella,  I use the slide the bottle to the front of the open door and push into the cabinet method.  I do have to tip the bottle a bit to get it started into the case but other than that no lifting needed.  It helps that I keep a full bottle near the unit so I only have to slide it a few inches.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toilet Paper Craze

[ Edited ]

My pantry and supply closet, were well stocked prior to Covid-19, but before I self-isolated, I purchased extra TP and groceries for my son and his family because he could not find any. I also shopped for several of my neighbors that are vulnerable senior citizens, and I did not want them to leave their homes. 

Perhaps some of the actual hoarders are doing the same, at least I would like to think some of them are. Our stores are fairly well stocked, but I understand that many communities are not as fortunate right now, and hope that will SOON be a distant memory.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 and HUGS today🤗

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Foxxee, in my area paper towels are nowhere to be found. I will use facial tissue, which I have in quantity or flushable wet wipes, which bty are also very hard to find now.

I did find some weird TP on Amazon today and ordered it. It will be here sometime in May!

@suzyQ3,  I hope the flushable wipes aren't being flushed.  As discussed on an earlier TP thread municipalities are pleading with people not to flush them (and have been for years) because they cause blockages and equipment failures, as well as causing backups.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Unless someone is a compulsive shopper who constantly buys what they don't need just for recreation...,then the reason for wanting a stash of toilet paper should be obvious.  Some people have heath issues that create a need for a lot of tp....Crohn's affects three people in my family, so I know this for a fact.  Others are concerned about getting sick and not being able to get out to buy it.  And the past couple of weeks no one knows when more will show up in the stores...,so when they see it, they buy it.

As for water...as others have said, what does someone's nationality have to do with their desire for bottled water?  You say you drink a case a week....why would you think others wouldn't want to do the same?

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Foxxee, in my area paper towels are nowhere to be found. I will use facial tissue, which I have in quantity or flushable wet wipes, which bty are also very hard to find now.

I did find some weird TP on Amazon today and ordered it. It will be here sometime in May!

@suzyQ3,  I hope the flushable wipes aren't being flushed.  As discussed on an earlier TP thread municipalities are pleading with people not to flush them (and have been for years) because they cause blockages and equipment failures, as well as causing backups.

I hope it doesn't come to that, @Marp, If it does, I guess we'll have to dispose of them in some other way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I simply do not understand what about being out of toilet paper is puzzling to anyone.

Should you really want to understand, just remove the roll from your bathroom for 24 hours then report back if you then do understand.  NO tissue allowed either.  

I am with  you.....

Honored Contributor

"...why Americans buy toilet paper."

@Annabellethecat66  Are you not American?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I hope it doesn't come to that, @Marp, If it does, I guess we'll have to dispose of them in some other way.

I put wipes in a small bag, keep it closed and take out to the trash can at the end of the day.