Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@september wrote:

@Annabellethecat66    I respectfully say you should check past threads before you start one like this.  

this issue has been discussed numerous times 

Oh please!  And here come the board police again.  Yes, there have been threads on this before, so what?  If you don't like it then scroll on by. I remember not so long ago the boards were bombarded with every other thread being on the Royal Family, of which I had no interest but so be it.  And like the OP said, if she posted on an old thread, the complainers would come out in force about that. You can't win.

@KKJ   Don’t know about the toilet paper threads, but posting on a thread more than a year old is against community standards and Mods will delete it.

Are there toilet paper threads that are more than a year old?  I don't think so.   All have been posted within the past few weeks 

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I'd be more concerned I didn't have money to buy food....would rather have some TP on hand....don't care about the sanitizer as I wash my hands with regular soap and water and have lot's of soap!  To much beauty buying is paying off (body soap LOL) 

The TP crazy and sanitizer hoarding happened as some people saw a opportunity to make money on creating a shortage.  Just look online at amazon or ebay...I have seen it going for $300 a 6 pack....or $50 or more per roll!  It's about making money and when one does this then many other people got the bug to do it too.

Of course now we do have people panic buying as they see nothing on the shelves and when a few packs show up (even if they have a basement full) they feel the "urge" to buy some more TP!  JUst in case or perhaps they can sell if for cash.

@tsavorite 

Well said!!!  Some are scared because it said it could be 18 months before they get a vaccine so they are hoarding... If they just bought their normal amount we wouldnt have shortages...And some are buying it to re-sell to capitalize and make some money....Its funny how Ebay and Amazon vendors blossomed with TP stock for sale!!!  They even said on the news to report price gougers to your State Attorney General---its a crime and people are even hoarding masks that medical staffs need desperately....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819  hahaha at "tarnation"......haven't heard that in quite a while. 

Reminded me of "Festus" (sp?) on "Gunsmoke"

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

When asked, they said they were afraid of supply shortages, would run out and couldn't get any.

The alternatives aren't pleasant. 

One police dept reported 9/11 calls asking for TP.

They suggested on Twitter some alternatives.

Leaves

Magazines, newspaper, and catalogs

Shopping receipts

Rags

Paper towels

Not mentioned, I thought the best answer would be Kleenex and Baby Wipes.

Looked to see if both were available.  At that time, about a week ago, they were not sold out at Walmart and Amazon online, and my grocery stores.  

@Foxxee, in my area paper towels are nowhere to be found. I will use facial tissue, which I have in quantity or flushable wet wipes, which bty are also very hard to find now.

I did find some weird TP on Amazon today and ordered it. It will be here sometime in May!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@september  Re toilet paper threads. Someone said there are too many of them. That’s what I meant about them. Not that they were old.

Honored Contributor

As to the tp....going OT a bit, but if you're over 60 and can get into Whole Foods an hour before the usual opening  time, you may find it 😉

Honored Contributor

Back in the day corncobs, shells, stones, grass , leaves and animal hair were used to wipe. But modern day plumbing will not accommodate stuff like that.  What's a girl to do? ...hoard TP.

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@september wrote:

@Annabellethecat66    I respectfully say you should check past threads before you start one like this.  

this issue has been discussed numerous times 

Oh please!  And here come the board police again.  Yes, there have been threads on this before, so what?  If you don't like it then scroll on by. I remember not so long ago the boards were bombarded with every other thread being on the Royal Family, of which I had no interest but so be it.  And like the OP said, if she posted on an old thread, the complainers would come out in force about that. You can't win.

@KKJ   I never said I didn't like it.  I saw other posters being snarky to the OP, and my response was much more diplomatic. It was a suggestion. I'm not trying to be the board police 

I am sorry and was out of line.  Guess this cabin fever is getting to me!  Think I need a glass of Shawn's wine. LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  you should look into a bottom loading water cooler.  Even 5 gallon bottles of water are manageable and less expensive than cases of bottled water.  Plus the bottles are returned, sterilized and refilled.  There are lots of choices in style and price.

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/811691/811691021676.jpg?size=xl

We have one similar to this one, but I still couldn't handle the 5 gal jugs.Much too heavy for me.

Respected Contributor

If it were just me, and I bought 4 cases of bottled water, I'd have to buy a lot of toilet paper along with that water.