Honored Contributor

@Pink123- I don't need any, but I looked on Amazon just now in case any family or friends do.  There is one seller offering a 12-roll pack of Quilted Northern for $142.99 plus $99.93 shipping!!!  This is the same pack that normally sells at Sam's Club or BJs for $20 to $25.

I thought Amazon had cracked down on these price-gougers.  Not to mention that I thought it's now illegal.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I gave up and forgot about it concentrating on kleenex now

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I hear ya.  In my area there has not even been kleenex for weeks now.  So when I saw a known brand with 24 rolls for $26 bucks I grabbed it!

lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I've always been a hoarder of toilet paper. When I was newly married, every time it was on sale I'd buy several packs and still do to this day, though I'm no longer married. Same with paper towels. I think I just counted about 200 rolls of toilet paper the other day, though I haven't bought any recently. My neighbors know where to come if they need any. 

@catter70 

Mam..slowly put down the toilet paper and step away from the aisle. Keep your hands where I can see them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toilet Paper Craze

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

I'd be more concerned I didn't have money to buy food....would rather have some TP on hand....don't care about the sanitizer as I wash my hands with regular soap and water and have lot's of soap!  To much beauty buying is paying off (body soap LOL) 

The TP crazy and sanitizer hoarding happened as some people saw a opportunity to make money on creating a shortage.  Just look online at amazon or ebay...I have seen it going for $300 a 6 pack....or $50 or more per roll!  It's about making money and when one does this then many other people got the bug to do it too.

Of course now we do have people panic buying as they see nothing on the shelves and when a few packs show up (even if they have a basement full) they feel the "urge" to buy some more TP!  JUst in case or perhaps they can sell if for cash.

@tsavorite 

My aunt is a senior with underlying health issues. She has been taking advantage of the senior hours that some stores are offering. She told me that she was in the grocery store the other morning, and she asked where the TP was, they told her on a pallet at the end of the store. She walks over there and this gentlemen was just picking up pack after pack of toilet paper and putting it in his basket. She tried to say excuse me so that she could pick up one pack, but the other patron ignored her and kept stacking his cart. She ended up going around him to grab one pack. Another lady comes up and can't get any but this jerk has a basket full of TP. Later on during her shopping excursions she runs into the other customer and she has a pack of TP as well, my aunt asked her oh did they bring out more and the lady says no. When the Jerk made his way to the register they told him that he was only allowed to purchased one pack. 

Serves him right and what is wrong with some people?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toilet Paper Craze

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

I may need to resort to that as am getting low and still no TP anywhere where I live. 

@KKJ 

Check Janitorial Supply stores. I found some for my neighbors, calling around to different stores.. 

Trusted Contributor

I guess because it's the one thing that none of us can do without! 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I may need to resort to that as am getting low and still no TP anywhere where I live. 

@KKJ 

Check Janitorial Supply stores. I found some for my neighbors, calling around to different stores.. 

I tried Uline, the shipping products supplier, the other night. They have janitorial and commercial cleaning products as well as boxes and packing material. They have their own brand and name-brand TP, but they're refusing to sell it to anyone who hasn't bought TP from them previously, within a certain time frame. That struck me as . . I'll say unfortunate.

But tonight I was speaking to a friend who told me about a discount grocer she frequents who has tons of TP. This store is in the country, so their larger clientele may never have cast off their leaves, Sears catalog pages, and corncobs. There are people out here who still have outhouses and the only water in the house is dragged by bucket from the well out back.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

I'd be more concerned I didn't have money to buy food....would rather have some TP on hand....don't care about the sanitizer as I wash my hands with regular soap and water and have lot's of soap!  To much beauty buying is paying off (body soap LOL) 

The TP crazy and sanitizer hoarding happened as some people saw a opportunity to make money on creating a shortage.  Just look online at amazon or ebay...I have seen it going for $300 a 6 pack....or $50 or more per roll!  It's about making money and when one does this then many other people got the bug to do it too.

Of course now we do have people panic buying as they see nothing on the shelves and when a few packs show up (even if they have a basement full) they feel the "urge" to buy some more TP!  JUst in case or perhaps they can sell if for cash.

@tsavorite 

My aunt is a senior with underlying health issues. She has been taking advantage of the senior hours that some stores are offering. She told me that she was in the grocery store the other morning, and she asked where the TP was, they told her on a pallet at the end of the store. She walks over there and this gentlemen was just picking up pack after pack of toilet paper and putting it in his basket. She tried to say excuse me so that she could pick up one pack, but the other patron ignored her and kept stacking his cart. She ended up going around him to grab one pack. Another lady comes up and can't get any but this jerk has a basket full of TP. Later on during her shopping excursions she runs into the other customer and she has a pack of TP as well, my aunt asked her oh did they bring out more and the lady says no. When the Jerk made his way to the register they told him that he was only allowed to purchased one pack. 

Serves him right and what is wrong with some people?

What is wrong is some people are greedy jerks only thinking of themselves!  It's why the TP shelves are still bare at many stores.  SMH

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One of the shopping networks, ShopLC, is selling TP and also hand sanitizer.

When I saw the TP presented, they said there was a limit of 5 orders per customer (15 rolls total) and they said they wanted to sell it to people who were having difficulty finding any TP....wha-eva...the 15 rolls cost $45 (includes sh). If you are desperate then go for it.