Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toddler/Cruise Ship Trial, Plea Deal Offered

@Georgiagrama wrote:

During my  long life, I have seen two very similar cases. A child died - parents negiligence - suits were filed and won. Parents walked away missing a child, but they will never have to worry about money again.  

I say this with sadness, but money appears to make guilt and loss easier for some.  

@Georgiagrama what do you base that assumption on? I would bet those parents would give every penny they have if they could have her back. Money doesn't make guilt or loss any easier it gives them some form of justice that is all.

Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is just one of many videos.  Of course the family will allow people to view any videos that help their case.  But as we've posted before, there are many videos from both the ship and from passengers, from many angles starting at different times.

It's that first "he leaned over" part that is key and confusing.  How far did he lean?

I just viewed the video.  It can be found on Daily Mail.  It appears that he first bends from the waist and hangs outside the window himself, before picking up the baby and dangling her, much the way Michael Jackson did that time with blanket.

The video is not graphic and rather hard to see.  Looks to be a bar in there, also.

I imagine that after he dangled her, she raised her arms and bent at the waist, creating a top-heavy scenario, and tumbled.

It is more likely that Chloe thought there was glass there, but not him.  He hangs all the way out of it himself before lifting her up. 

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is just one of many videos.  Of course the family will allow people to view any videos that help their case.  But as we've posted before, there are many videos from both the ship and from passengers, from many angles starting at different times.

It's that first "he leaned over" part that is key and confusing.  How far did he lean?

I just viewed the video.  It can be found on Daily Mail.  It appears that he first bends from the waist and hangs outside the window himself, before picking up the baby and dangling her, much the way Michael Jackson did that time with blanket.

The video is not graphic and rather hard to see.  Looks to be a bar in there, also.

I imagine that after he dangled her, she raised her arms and bent at the waist, creating a top-heavy scenario, and tumbled.

It is more likely that Chloe thought there was glass there, but not him.  He hangs all the way out of it himself before lifting her up. 

Thanks.  That's consistent with witness statements and others who have seen the video.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'll await their next press conference to announce their outrage and distress.

Why don't they just keep quiet and mourn in private, particularly during the holidays?

@Johnnyeager people mourn in different ways. Some don't want to keep quiet and mourn in private. There is no right or wrong way to mourn, and apparently they need to be vocal. 

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@GrailSeeker   So then he couldn't have thought that the window "was closed"!!  He knew it was open!

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@GrailSeeker   So then he couldn't have thought that the window "was closed"!!  He knew it was open!

Yes.  I'm thinking that his initial statement was a lie that will have to be taken back because of these surveillance videos.  Lawyers will always tell you not to admit guilt, but if anyone should be sued, its him!  Of course, there's probably nothing to go after. 

Respected Contributor

omg, I just watched the grainy side video of the incident.  I have no words.  He actually leaned out the window before picking the little girl up.  And then he picks her up and holds her out the window.  Yes, xactly like MJ did w/Blanket.  It just takes your breath away to see that.  What a fool.  What was he thinking?  He must have been drunk or something.  On some sort of medication.  Not in his right mind. 

Clearly by first leaning outside the window he knew it was open before he picked her up.  Wow.  Just unbelievable. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

During my  long life, I have seen two very similar cases. A child died - parents negiligence - suits were filed and won. Parents walked away missing a child, but they will never have to worry about money again.  

I say this with sadness, but money appears to make guilt and loss easier for some.  

@Georgiagrama what do you base that assumption on? I would bet those parents would give every penny they have if they could have her back. Money doesn't make guilt or loss any easier it gives them some form of justice that is all.

@manny2  Clearly you did not read my post thoroughly.  I said that I had seen and experienced similar scenario's with people I have known . I am not assuming anything. You, on the other hand,  are assuming that money will somehow give this family justice. How will money ever justify this tragic accident with the grandfather?  Money is not justice.     

Honored Contributor

It appears to me he lifted her up, and over something. I don't know how you can stand in front of a window, and not know if it is open. You would be able to smell the fresh air...I don't think he meant to do it. He appears to have collapsed after it happened

He may have diminished reasoning. I pity him, but it is not on the cruise line. This child could have never done this herself. She is much too small...

Esteemed Contributor

The Attorney General of Puerto Rico said in a statement that they were not sure who released the video to the news agency, but says the video proves the negligent homicide case Puerto Rican authorities brought against him.