Super Contributor

Re: Toddler/Cruise Ship Trial, Plea Deal Offered

@new nickname 4 wrote:

I  He is not deserving for forgiveness nor does he deserve a plea bargain (which is what he was generously offered).  

Dont worry, he will *never* forgive himself.

What does the bible say about forgiveness?

7X70?

”forgive AS you have been forgiven”

Aside from that, holding onto to resentment, bitterness and unforgiveness

only hurts the holder of such feelings,

and can lead to high stress, strokes, acid stomach and depression.

Besides, the only forgiveness he needs is from his family, himself and his *god*......not from any of US, thankfully.

Respected Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

I  He is not deserving for forgiveness nor does he deserve a plea bargain (which is what he was generously offered).  

7X70?

Besides, the only forgiveness he needs is from his family, himself and his *god*......not from any of US, thankfully.

Maybe you are right and he will never forgive himself.  But usually someone who actually blames himself says things line - I never should have lifted her up there - I should have been more aware of he window - etc. - not it's the cruise line's fault for having an open window - and apparently also - a rail I could stand her on.  Just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@JumpTheRope wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

7X70?

Maybe you are right and he will never forgive himself.  But usually someone who actually blames himself says things line - I never should have lifted her up there - I should have been more aware of he window - etc. - not it's the cruise line's fault for having an open window - and apparently also - a rail I could stand her on.  Just sayin.

He very well may be saying that privately.  But I'm sure anything that any of them say publicly is carefully crafted by their attorney.  And no attorney would allow him to say publicly that he never should have lifted her up, etc.

I'm not necessarily excusing him for letting an attorney dictate what he says, but no doubt he is in deep mourning, dealing with a myriad of issues, and not thinking clearly.  Lots of people in stressful situations blindly follow the advice of their attorney.  

No matter how we look at it, this is a horrible situation.  And no matter how it turns out, there will be no winners.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@JumpTheRope wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

7X70?

He very well may be saying that privately.  But I'm sure anything that any of them say publicly is carefully crafted by their attorney.  And no attorney would allow him to say publicly that he never should have lifted her up, etc.

I'm not necessarily excusing him for letting an attorney dictate what he says, but no doubt he is in deep mourning, dealing with a myriad of issues, and not thinking clearly.  Lots of people in stressful situations blindly follow the advice of their attorney.  

No matter how we look at it, this is a horrible situation.  And no matter how it turns out, there will be no winners.

Well he didn't have to say anything publicly.  And this idea that - the family suffered and "someone" has to pay is disgusting.  And if it's really about not wanting another family to suffer similarly - here's an idea - tell them never to do what he did - obey the cruiseline's safety rules and NEVER stand a child on a rail.

There may not be "winners," but I still do not see why the cruise line - and by definition - all cruise traveling passengers (to whom the "settlement" will be passed on) deserve to be  "losers" due to his negligence.