Honored Contributor

Someone in the TSV forum said that Trader Joes has Kind Bars on sale for 99 cents and they had the barbeque flavor. Not sure if they had other savory flavors but she tried the barbeque.

Respected Contributor
I went to Trader Joes today and they had the honey bbq for .99 cents. I bought one to try and it was good- tasted just like bbq potato chips! They also had a carmel salted kind bar and some other flavors that are in todays tsv. I'm going back tomorrow to buy some more of the honey bbq since they are on sale and taste really good!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Regular Contributor

I did purchase the TSV. All the traditional bars are liked by the family. My DH wanted to try the Savory. At 1.33 a bar; it was a good deal. Did not do auto delivery though. They are a good snack and do the trick if I feel like something sweet. I keep one in my purse all the time. However, I don't eat it everyday. It's a treat; not a meal replacement.

Betty

Honored Contributor

I ordered them, too. I also got them around this time, last year, when they were also a TSV.

For me, these are a good deal, since I like all the flavors offered. With the rebate I'll get from mrrebates...I can't beat this deal, locally. We don't all have the discount stores many of you have, close to us. No Walmart near me!

No....they aren't a meal replacement...just good little snacks to have on hand for busy people who might splurge on something that isn't as healthy or doesn't just have 180 calories in it, when we're on the go.

I think the assortment I ordered last year...lasted till the end of the summer.

If they offer this every year around this time....I'll be a repeat customer.

Honored Contributor
They also sell them at local stores here. I'll have to check the price when I see them again.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I thought it was a good deal - and so did 40,000 others!

The way I'll use them, I couldn't save more than $1 a month if I bought bars from Amazon and then I'd have a dozen of one kind. Not a good deal for me at all.

BTW- $2 for one at CVS isn't a good price compared to QVC's deal. You could even treat someone to the few you're allergic to.

Honored Contributor

They are not meant for a meal replacement and no meal replacement bar is really a good idea in lieu of real food. I order them because they are healthy for me and way better than candy. Nuts are a great source of many nutrients and they are satisfying and filling. In my area you can get Kind bars cheaper usually but the variety stinks and they often are much harder as they are no as fresh. I like that they come right to my door. Walmart, CVS, etc don't do that and you have to go there to get the small variety available. To me it's a waste of time and gas to go just for Kind bars. To each their own - no right or wrong and whatever works.

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Sooner said:

Looks like candy to me. . .

The bars are high and fat and contain sugar. The dark chocolate and sea salt has 200 calories with 140 from fat. It has 16 grams of carbs too. They taste good but it is a bad choice for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for these healthy bars. (any of them) I wish I did! I often think why cant the things we truly love to eat be so healthy? lol. (like pasta, regular pasta, not that whole wheat horrible kind). And white bread. And ice cream lots of ice cream! lol. I could live on pasta, white baked Italian bread, and chocolate marshmallow ice cream! LOL..

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Hey, everyone (more or less) loves a snack or dessert! Also, very good idea to keep in our cars, just in case we are stranded somewhere. I've heard of local cases where folks were stranded for hours/days in the bottom of a ravine, side of cliff, whatever. And those who survived were the ones who had food and drinks/water in their cars.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).