Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 1/14/2015 SoftRaindrops said: What is non GMO glucose? Is that a fancy term for corn syrup? Sugar content is high...I'd prefer a banana..portable and probably less addictive than some man made bar.

GMO - genetically modified. Meaning the source of the sugar (sugar beets) or corn syrup (corn) were grown without being genetically modified.

Thank you....

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 bikerbabe said: Here they are 1.50 and the bars I've tried are 5 g sugar, a heck of a lot less than a candy bar.

I wasn't referring to the sugar content, but the protein, when compared to something like a Snickers or something else with nuts in it. Granted, there are some KIND bars with 10 grams of protein, but that's still on the low side.

Honored Contributor

Even at a fairly expensive chain I see them on ad at a price of four for $5 all the time. I get mine on Amazon.

I don't know how QVC sells so many of these for such insanely high prices.

Honored Contributor

In general: Sometimes aren't we a bit too much into counting exact calories? Every time I see Joy Bauer, I think that she is way too thin, compared with more 'healthy' looking hosts on various TV appearances. Just recently saw her standing next to Jenna B. and Hoda, and that's what came into my mind, right or wrong. JMO, and didn't mean to offend. ......p.s. I think Kind Bars are a good alternative.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I'd rather eat a protein bar if I needed something quick or post work out. Never tried Kind bars, they look like fancy granola bars?

Honored Contributor

Cranberries: Any suggestions? There are so many that it would take a week to figure out which protein bars, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Depends on what you are looking for, nutritionally wise, flavor wise, etc. I personally like Pure Protein bars, Premier Protein bars, EAS bars, MetRx, some of the Cliff builders bars have a decent amount of protein.

Life Choice, bought this at Walmart (typically in the cereal/cereal bar aisle) is more a snack bar, but has a good amount of protein, about 15-20g. Better than say a granola bar.

EASadvantage protein shakes are good post work out, same with Atkins. I could never use them as a meal replacement, I'd be starving!

Just do some research. Some have soy, some don't, some are Whey, some use sugar alcohols.

Respected Contributor

Food bars and protein bars have never worked for me and just made me fat. I only buy organic now anyway and if I'm going to have dark chocolate it's going to say on the package what percent the cocao is. The higher the number the less sugar there is. If I want to eat nuts I buy them raw and unsalted.

Respected Contributor
I used to but food from the Q all the time-----EVERYTHING ! Until I saw a food producer on Shark Tank. It cost the vendor $17 to make/package the product and Q bought it from them for $19 ($2 profit to vendor per bag). Q then sells it to us for $50. That's some mark-up .
Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I never pay more than $1.25 for these bars locally. And I can get the flavors I know I will eat and like.

These aren't a good deal if you don't like some of the flavors.

That's about what I pay. I like few flavors enough to buy in quantity.

The savory ones featured today, I would not eat. It's a decent price though.