Respected Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Iwantcoffee said:
On 1/14/2015 Sooner said:

Looks like candy to me. . .

The bars are high and fat and contain sugar. The dark chocolate and sea salt has 200 calories with 140 from fat. It has 16 grams of carbs too. They taste good but it is a bad choice for me.

Not only that but where people get into trouble is when they innocently eat one in the morning and then again before they go to bed....just for the heck of it. They like the taste and they're hungry, etc.

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Ilikeshade said:
On 1/15/2015 Iwantcoffee said:
On 1/14/2015 Sooner said:

Looks like candy to me. . .

The bars are high and fat and contain sugar. The dark chocolate and sea salt has 200 calories with 140 from fat. It has 16 grams of carbs too. They taste good but it is a bad choice for me.

Not only that but where people get into trouble is when they innocently eat one in the morning and then again before they go to bed....just for the heck of it. They like the taste and they're hungry, etc.

ITA. And those people think they're eating 'healthy' because it's marketed as 'healthy'....then wonder WHY they can lose weight or lower their BP/cholestrol/blood sugar #s. "But I'm eating healthy!" as they whine...duh. You're eating an equivalent of a Snickers in the morning & again @ bedtime.

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

A banana? Those are probably one of the fruits highest in sugar. One banana has about 15g.

A banana has lots of fiber and the sugar in them is fructose....not cane sugar. It burns differently and slowly releases into the body. It is also relatively fat free and does not have the calories that are in Kind bars.

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

A banana? Those are probably one of the fruits highest in sugar. One banana has about 15g.

A banana has lots of fiber and the sugar in them is fructose....not cane sugar. It burns differently and slowly releases into the body. It is also relatively fat free and does not have the calories that are in Kind bars.

ITA, but wasn't going to point that out, so thanks for responding to this. AMAZING how the general 'Paleo-type" of public has bought in to this nonsense. Comparing a banana to a 'candy bar'? SMH.

On another note....with all this glycemic #s and "healthy" fat talk...I guarantee 20 years from now, we'll be going..."WHAT were we doing??"...just like eating tons of Snackwells during the low-fat craze, eating mounds of almonds & buckets of oil on our salads in the name of 'healthy fats" is just...crazy talk.