Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today would have been my Mom's 89 th Birthday

Sending my heartfelt best wishes to all who have lost a loving parent.  The loss has to be even worse when it is caused by this horrible virus.  All of a sudden, the world seems to just stop when you lose a loved parent.  It surely changes you forever.  You realize how short life is, and how important it is to live your life with honor.  My mom was a widow for 30 years before she died at 90, in a nursing home.  Over 11 years ago, I miss her and remember the happy times.  She died when my GS, her GGS was a little tyke.  He is now turning 13, a great kid.  And she never got to see her GGD, who will be turning 8 soon, our cutie pie.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katchina624, I have noticed the thread about your sister and niece was taken down.  I want you to know I am thinking of them, praying they both will be well.  Please let everyone know how they are doing.  A tough time for you, but sending you my best.

Respected Contributor

I am so very sorry @Goodie2shoes.  To lose your mother is so very hard.  Since you mention she is buried in a military cemetary I will also mention I received an email message from Wreaths Across America that there would be no laying of the usual wreaths on all graves in veteran cemetaries this year due to the virus situation.   I don't know if your mother is the first one buried in a veteran cemetary but thought I would mention this in case you didn't know they routinely place beautiful wreaths on all graves mid-Dec.  Hopefully Dec. 2021 will be different and they will be back placing the wreaths.   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes, I had to come back because I just got information that at least they are planning the Wreaths Across America event at Arlington.  Don't know about the rest of the country, but I didn't want to leave it out there for people reading that it is cancelled when maybe it isn't?!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *