Respected Contributor

Today would have been my Mom's 89 th Birthday

She died on 4/28/20 from Covid 19. She was in a nursing home, she was alert but her health was declining . My mom and sister  shared a room together both got Covid at the same time and hospitlized the same night, but my mom did not survive it. My sister is doing well, back at the nursing home. I went to the cemetary this morning, told her Happy Birthday and I know she is in a better place, no more suffering. 

There is a little humor in this. My sister visited the gravesite yesterday and left roses. Today when I went there was nothing but the stems left sprawled across the grave. This is a military cemetary, lots of deer around. I think they had a feast of roses ! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today would have been my Mom's 89 th Birthday

@Goodie2shoes   Maybe deer ate the roses, or maybe the Angels delivered the petals to your Mom! 
 I'm sorry for your loss!

🥀  🌹  🥀

Trusted Contributor

My mother died on January 24,2020. She was 101. She was in an assisted living facility. The cause of death was listed as the flu and double pneumonia. But we believe that she might have had Covid as well. Since it was before the lockdown we were able to be at her bedside in the hospital when she took her last breath. I am sorry for your loss. It isn't easy. 

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers:wrote: Maybe deer ate the roses, or maybe the Angels delivered the petals to your Mom! 
 I'm sorry for your loss! 

thank you!!  that brought tears to my eyes. So sweet of you to say that !  I will never forget it

Super Contributor

My Dad died 4/19/2020 from covid. He, too was in a nursing home. He had Parkinsons, and was 86 years old. I wish it had been anything else...  So sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry you lost your mother. I really am. Heart

We won't forget this time and all the beautiful people we've lost. Their lives are absolutely precious.

And I think the idea of a deer visiting a grave is quite lovely. I like the idea of deer visiting my resting place one day, having a little nosh on a flower or two.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope previous memories of her comfort you.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  I am so very sorry on the loss of your mother to this horrific disease.

She will live on in your heart forever through your love and memories.

I wish you peace.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

It is so hard to lose your mother, especially.  Afterall, she carried you around for 9 months and then gave birth to you.  Mothers are special and I miss my mother so much and wish she was here.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My mom died in August 2003, of West Nile Virus.  It was ironic....here she was in the desert dying of a mosquito-borne disease.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment