Honored Contributor

Re: Today we got a job done I have been dreading

My answer for this, ideally, is wood floors in the bedroom which we intend to do.  Recently we put the bed on risers so my big sweeper could get under it.  DH sleeps in the guest room because he has to sleep next to a heart monitor and has sleep apnea.  I am considering a twin bed for my bed.  Easier to handle.  When we need to lift the mattresses our two strapping 6ft. grandsons come in really handy!   I realize at 18 and 23, however, they will be going on with their lives and I prefer to be as self sufficient as we can.   

Esteemed Contributor

Paperwork.  I hate it and just cleaned out a bunch of receipts, papers , etc.  It never ends but I feel a little better that I got at least one pile of papers done.

Respected Contributor

Blinds, windows in sunroom, floors, bathroom shower, weeds in flower beds, organizing and discarding clothes......the list goes on.  I love the space but don't really have the motivation to clean like I used to. 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have a king size bed as well.  A few weeks ago I wanted to simply rotate the mattress.  I about threw my back out just doing that.  What a chore!

The thing I have been putting off some might consider fun but I'm over it.  Picking out a new backsplash for my kitchen.  We got new granite countertops about a month ago but the backsplash is what was up before because I can't find anything. 

I have scoured magazines, Pintrest and I look at every kitchen on home shows, friends homes, any home I'm in but I never think anyone's backsplash matches their counters.  I think it's because granite and/or quartz is one pattern and then the backsplashes are a different pattern that is coordinating but I just think they always clash. 

I cannot tell you the number of tiles I have brought home from various places to try them out, only to return them all because I hate them.       

Does your backsplash have to be tile?  Try thinking about other materials that would go with the granite because many materials can be finished so that whatever is splashed can be washed away clean.... thinking out side of the box may give you exactly what you want... Woman LOL

I tend to love antiques so I've seen wainscoting as a backsplash and love it...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wainscoting%20as%20a%20...

I also personally love tin ceiling tile as a backsplash....

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tin%20ceiling%20tile%20...

@Q4u, thank you so much!!!!!  I never would have thought about wanscoting for a backsplash.  I'm going to show this to DH.

I like the tin but I think I would be tired of it in a relatively short period of time and my DH hates it.  LOL   He thinks it will look dated very soon.    

Honored Contributor

@hovis wrote:

What about large subway tiles in a solid color ?

Didn't like it. 

Part of me thinks I should have extended the granite up as a ledge all the way around and just painted.  But I was adamant against that at the time, not thinking this would be such an issue.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

My basement   

My sister has been putting off getting rid of the last of my mom's things.   There are 3 racks of clothes and some other assorted items    I no longer can keep them.   That's been nagging at me for a while.  I told her after Christmas, they had to go.  

@Bri21, I'm so sorry about this.  I know this is a horrible task.  My mom passed in 1995 and I still have stuff of her's in my house.  Over the summer I cleaned out a spare bedroom closet of clothes and got rid of them.  My mom was a huge bingo player and she had all her dabbers and chips and "lucky" trolls all in a bag.  I still can't bring myself to throw that bag away.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Have you looked at a product called Fasade at Home Depot? I wish I knew how to link on here. When I remodel my kitchen I will be using the silver/wave pattern for my backspash with white sparkle quartz countertops....if they still make this product. Looks special to me, right up my alley! 

@LizzieInSRQ, yes and I love that but my DH does not. 

Your kitchen will look gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Lipstickdiva my son has the dark granite with glass tiles in a mix of the same colors...I think it looks great.Have you seen that yet?

Yes.  It looks like a mix of patterns to me and that's my problem.  DH was on me again last night about the backsplash.  I told him to just get something and put it up.  LOL  I told him the same thing about the floor too. 

Someone needs to show me 3 choices and make me pick one.  I get overwhelmed.  Woman LOL 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

My basement   

My sister has been putting off getting rid of the last of my mom's things.   There are 3 racks of clothes and some other assorted items    I no longer can keep them.   That's been nagging at me for a while.  I told her after Christmas, they had to go.  

@Bri21, I'm so sorry about this.  I know this is a horrible task.  My mom passed in 1995 and I still have stuff of her's in my house.  Over the summer I cleaned out a spare bedroom closet of clothes and got rid of them.  My mom was a huge bingo player and she had all her dabbers and chips and "lucky" trolls all in a bag.  I still can't bring myself to throw that bag away.  Smiley Sad

I can believe it - my mom saved my grandma's bingo dabbers and chips and her bingo bag.   I didn't even know she had it.  I can't get rid of it either.

I have my mom's and my grandma's recipe card boxes.  They're both metal and the some of the recipes are really faded and very old.   I will never get rid of those.  They're handwritten by my mom and grandma. 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Lipstickdiva my son has the dark granite with glass tiles in a mix of the same colors...I think it looks great.Have you seen that yet?

Yes.  It looks like a mix of patterns to me and that's my problem.  DH was on me again last night about the backsplash.  I told him to just get something and put it up.  LOL  I told him the same thing about the floor too. 

Someone needs to show me 3 choices and make me pick one.  I get overwhelmed.  Woman LOL 

Can you pick out a color in the counter and just find the closest match in a glass tile? 

Yeah, you probably should have done the backsplash in the same granite   LOL