Honored Contributor

Re: Today we got a job done I have been dreading

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

My basement   

My sister has been putting off getting rid of the last of my mom's things.   There are 3 racks of clothes and some other assorted items    I no longer can keep them.   That's been nagging at me for a while.  I told her after Christmas, they had to go.  

@Bri21, I'm so sorry about this.  I know this is a horrible task.  My mom passed in 1995 and I still have stuff of her's in my house.  Over the summer I cleaned out a spare bedroom closet of clothes and got rid of them.  My mom was a huge bingo player and she had all her dabbers and chips and "lucky" trolls all in a bag.  I still can't bring myself to throw that bag away.  Smiley Sad

And you don't have to throw it away....  I have a lot of my Mom's stuff as well, including her bag of clothes pins ... she made the little drawstring bag so I'm partial to it even though I will never "use" them.  I still have quite a lot of her stuff in boxes.  Her furniture (a lot of it) went to oldest son..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

ECBG, my mother had an all glass and mirror vanity that she put in her bathroom. The first thing I remember is her takin g the skirt off. She liked the look much better and never put one back. It was very thirties, chic looking that way. If I remember correctly she painted the legs with a gold wash.

Esteemed Contributor

My Saturday morning project: cleaning out my closet.  Yaaaay Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow