Honored Contributor

Today’s random observation

We've lived in our house almost 15 years. 

In our kitchen, we mostly have recessed lighting. But over where the kitchen table is, we have a chandelier light fixture. In 15 years, we've never had to change any of the light bulbs. And it's not like we don't use the light. We use it every time we eat at the kitchen table, which is all the time. 

We've also never had to replace the some of the other lightbulbs in our house either. 

15 years. 

As I said, random observation. Carry on everyone. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Today’s random observation

A while ago I replaced all of my incandescent light bulbs with led bulbs that claim to last 20 years...I don't think I'll be around to find out if that's true or not. Maybe I will, maybe not.

Esteemed Contributor

We have recessed lighting throughout the house excluding the bathrooms, and I like it very much.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A while ago I replaced all of my incandescent light bulbs with led bulbs that claim to last 20 years...I don't think I'll be around to find out if that's true or not. Maybe I will, maybe not.

@SilleeMee  We use led bulbs for our recessed lighting, but I am still using up our incandescent bulbs everywhere else. To be honest, our LED bulbs don't last very long. 

Respected Contributor

I swear that the only bulbs that ever burn out at my house are the ones that I need a ladder to replace! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I swear that the only bulbs that ever burn out at my house are the ones that I need a ladder to replace! 

@FrostyBabe1 - we have 4 recessed lights in our living room that are so high, about 24 feet up, that we have to have an electrician come and replace them. One is burned out now and has been for over a year, but I'm not calling him until another one burns out. 

Honored Contributor

Not to outdo anyone, but the light bulb Thomas Edison pioneered is  still burning in Greenfield Village. They never turn the light off ,it is lit continously. The last I knew it was still going strong

Valued Contributor

The overhead light in our bedroom has been working for 26 years at least. It was there when we moved here, and we’ve never had to change it.  

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1   Lol 

Honored Contributor

We have recessed lighting in our remodeled bathrooms...I find them too bright for me...they hurt my eyes, so I use the old style ones in my lamps and other areas...getting harder and harder to find now! The drop pendant light in my foyer has never been changed...still working fine...but will need to call someone to change it when it goes out...it hangs over two stories high.