Honored Contributor

Re: Today’s grocery “crisis”

@gidgetgh 

Huh.   Well now I can't wait to try them .... I'm a little fussy when it comes to crackers, but have never tried those .... actually, I don't think I've ever seen that box in the cracker aisle.   I hope they aren't a regional product! 

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

Years ago when I bought these crackers, I don't recall seeing Kellogg's on the box...I thought they were Keebler; maybe Kellogg's bought them.

Who knows? Most of our food supply is controlled by 10 mega-companies. We are pretty much at their mercy about what they will continue to produce or how items will be priced. It is an unfortunate situation.

@On It 

Well, while we might be "at their mercy" please remember that these retailers want to sell as much as they possibly can .... so it's to their advantage to have not only what we want, but also what rtheir competitors can't get on their shelves.   

These companies also have shareholders who want to see profits!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Huh.   Well now I can't wait to try them .... I'm a little fussy when it comes to crackers, but have never tried those .... actually, I don't think I've ever seen that box in the cracker aisle.   I hope they aren't a regional product! 

@Tinkrbl44 - they are just a really mild "smooth" tasting cracker.  What I like about them is that they don't taste like they are loaded with salt (unlike my beloved Cheez It's).  Maybe they are, but they don't taste like they are.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh @Check the expiration date as soon as they arrive. 

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I thought we were all just supposed to lower our expectations as things get worse.

I have yet to hear anyone say "lower our expectations" but after the biggest world Pandemic in 100 years, why is anybody surprised that the supply chain has been disrupted?

That's what really amazes me. 

Monday - opinion column in Washington Post.  We should all stop whining about supply chain problems and just lower our expectations.  

=======================

Yes this was an an opinion piece by an outside contributor, not the Washington Post editorial, that went on to say "American consumers, their expectations pampered and catered to for decades, are not accustomed to inconvenience in a Pandemic."

Honored Contributor

I'm sure everyone has been eagerly awaiting an update on my crackers, LOL.

Well, when I ordered them, it said "in stock soon". 

I checked my order status and they have been shipped and it shows they'll be delivered tomorrow.

Just for fun, I looked at them again and now instead of "in stock" or "in stock soon" it shows "usually ships within 1-2 months". 

So, I ordered at just the right time.  Again, for fun, I'll check for them at the grocery store this week and see if they're still out of stock there.  

Anyone need a box of crackers?  I'm happy to share. 

Respected Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@gidgetgh    I agree with you, those are good crackers.  We have ShopRite supermarkets in my area, and they have lots of these crackers.  I don't know if you have a ShopRite in your area, but if you do, go check them out.  Good luck on your cracker quest!  

@gidgetgh I lovvvveeee the onion ones!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@sophiesofers wrote:

@gidgetgh    I agree with you, those are good crackers.  We have ShopRite supermarkets in my area, and they have lots of these crackers.  I don't know if you have a ShopRite in your area, but if you do, go check them out.  Good luck on your cracker quest!  

@gidgetgh I lovvvveeee the onion ones!!!

@Ladybug724 - if I ever see them, I'll have to try them, thanks.  Amazon doesn't even list the onion ones as a choice they can fulfill anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Saw some nice frozen turkeys in the size we like (10-12 lbs) at the market and wondered if I should buy one now in preparation for Thanksgiving. My husband said not to worry about it just yet. I'm sure we'll find turkeys in November.

@AuntG  If you want a small turkey and they are still available next time you go shopping I would get it.  Last year thesmall ones were hard to find.

Respected Contributor

They were small turkeys, breast only, at Aldi about a week ago but there were only two left.

Maybe this year I'll do a roast chicken lol