Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today’s grocery “crisis”

@Duckncover wrote:

Years ago when I bought these crackers, I don't recall seeing Kellogg's on the box...I thought they were Keebler; maybe Kellogg's bought them.

There's a Keebler cracker we like, and suddenly the package said Kellogg's.  The grocery clerk told me that Kellogg's bought Keebler.  Thank goodness, the crackers taste the same.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Saw some nice frozen turkeys in the size we like (10-12 lbs) at the market and wondered if I should buy one now in preparation for Thanksgiving. My husband said not to worry about it just yet. I'm sure we'll find turkeys in November.

Respected Contributor

@AuntGYeahh, I'm hopeing that's the case too as i don't have a large freezer.  I've been looking for turkey parts and the store finally had some packages of turkey thighs and wings. I got 4 turkey thighs to freeze just in case smaller sized turkeys are in short supply later on.  If they'd had turkey cutlets I'd have scooped some up and been done with iit all.  Turkey Picatta would be perfect for our Thanksgiving dinner!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well that makes sense! I noticed that Keebler cookies have been on sale super cheap lately; maybe they are trying to unload the current pkgs with the Keebler name so they can put out new packaging.....but what happens to Ernie, the Keebler elf? Does he get to keep his job? If they change the packaging...look for the old one to end up at Dollar Tree. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I haven't read the entire thread but just the other day, I saw a news segment where a Kellogs employee was being interviewed and he said they have been over worked and not properly payed for overtime.

I would have an issue for working and not being properly paid.  I seriously doubt Kellog has ever had a cash flow issue!!!

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I thought we were all just supposed to lower our expectations as things get worse.

I have yet to hear anyone say "lower our expectations" but after the biggest world Pandemic in 100 years, why is anybody surprised that the supply chain has been disrupted?

That's what really amazes me. 

Monday - opinion column in Washington Post.  We should all stop whining about supply chain problems and just lower our expectations.

Honored Contributor

Kellogg's owned the Keebler brand for many years.  But two years ago, it sold Keebler cookies to an Italian company. Ferrero SpA.  Kellogg's kept Keebler crackers and is slowly removing the "Keebler" name from its cracker packaging, replacing with "Kellogg's."

I think they were smart to dispose of Keeber cookies.  The Keebler cookies compete against Chips Ahoy and Aldi's "Fudge Shoppe" knock-offs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh @You can buy a six pack from Amazon right now. @gidgetgh 

Kellogg's Toasteds Crackers, Buttercrisp, Ready to Dip Snacks, 48oz Case (6 Count)

Price:$25.74 ($0.54 / Ounce)

See next post for a photo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

E61F1912-B41E-4928-9256-BCCD7191353A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@gidgetgh @You can buy a six pack from Amazon right now. @gidgetgh 

Kellogg's Toasteds Crackers, Buttercrisp, Ready to Dip Snacks, 48oz Case (6 Count)

Price:$25.74 ($0.54 / Ounce)

See next post for a photo.

@Mindy D - thanks. I ordered them this afternoon. They show "in stock soon". 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?