Honored Contributor

Re: Today’s grocery “crisis”

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Luckily, Grape Nuts are sold by Post.

But, I have been trying to get Special K Protein Bars in Blueberry and in Strawberry for a few months now with no luck, so it pre-dates the Kellog strike, but it doesn't help matters.  

@Icegoddess - I just looked and saw the Strawberry on Amazon, if I was looking at the right thing.

@gidgetgh Thanks,  seems when I looked at Amazon awhile back they only had the Strawberry which I could still get here at the time, but then they, too, disappeared.  I think Kroger still has the chocolate ones, but I eat these for an on the go breakfast and really don't want chocolate for b'fast.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@gidgetgh   If you have an Ingles near you, try them. Crackers like this are usually in the Deli/cheese spread section and not with other crackers in my Ingles.

@grandma2pkmh - there are few Ingles in North Georgia, but none close enough for me to fool with. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I just put it in my head I am not going to be able to find everything on my list now.  When I do find something I like, I'm going to keep a few extra on hand.  I'm not hoarding, but I'm buying as I see things in stock.

I've never been one to do that.  I have so many grocery stores near me and I never feared being out of something.  

Now I'm going to start stocking up on favorites...

Esteemed Contributor

I've started using more of Kroger than Publix, since Publix scolds me whenever I buy three or more of anything!

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh   I have never heard of these crackers but I sincerely hope you found some. Life is too short not to have a little something to make you smile. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I would just call the store and ask. I'm glad you had a good time on your field trip though, @gidgetgh. It can be fun to be on the hunt for a particular item.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I have bought them at Walmart; you might look there

Trusted Contributor

The few cereals we eat are all Post brand...hooe they don't follow suit!

Trusted Contributor

Years ago when I bought these crackers, I don't recall seeing Kellogg's on the box...I thought they were Keebler; maybe Kellogg's bought them.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I would just call the store and ask. I'm glad you had a good time on your field trip though, @gidgetgh. It can be fun to be on the hunt for a particular item.

@Porcelain - thrill of the hunt.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?