Honored Contributor

Today's Just Reduced Clearance

There's a ton of 14kt gold up on clearance.  Pretty soon QVC won't be selling any 14 kt gold!  Just cheapo bronzo yukko.

Valued Contributor

Re: Today's Just Reduced Clearance

@Pearlee wrote:

There's a ton of 14kt gold up on clearance.  Pretty soon QVC won't be selling any 14 kt gold!  Just cheapo bronzo yukko.

I totally agree with you about the bronze craze. I believe it started with the rise in gold prices. However bronze is over IMHO! I know even though the metals are still much higher but, many designers are using gold again in pieces of all amounts. I'm am so done with bronze! When I saw Robert Lee Morris using almost securely bronze it makes me cringe. I'm so happy I have pieces from him in my collection from before silver prices jumped. 

Enough bronze,

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit   I so agree with you, and esp. about RLM.  What's even worse, his bronze pieces are about the same prices as his SS pieces were!  No excuse for that!  He isn't even on much any more, sadly.  I love his pieces and like, you, have a lot in the SS before the switchover to bronze.  I can't imagine he was too happy about probably being made to use bronze by QVC for his RLM line.

Honored Contributor

Over time, all prices rise ..... have you been to the grocery store lately?   yikes.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Over time, all prices rise ..... have you been to the grocery store lately?   yikes.

Yes I have.  Fortunately, none of the grocery stores that I go to have substituted a much junkier, cheaper product at about the same price as whatever products have gone up in price.  They are still the same products, just more expensive.

Are you actually trying to make an analogy about buying groceries at the supermarket to substituting bronze for jewelry settings of sterling silver and gold yet charging about the same prices for them the prices they used to be when set in precious metals?  If so, I find that truly ludicrous.

Honored Contributor

And what's with all the electronics?  The past several weeks the Just Reduced stuff is full of electronics, specifically TVs.  It used to be mostly clothing and jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

And what's with all the electronics?  The past several weeks the Just Reduced stuff is full of electronics, specifically TVs.  It used to be mostly clothing and jewelry.

@faeriemoon I like seeing all the elecronics - saves me money because I'm not interested.  Today I bought a fleece D&C jacked on LTS I totally didn't need!  Was $49 reduced to $19.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon I like seeing all the elecronics - saves me money because I'm not interested.  Today I bought a fleece D&C jacked on LTS I totally didn't need!  Was $49 reduced to $19.

That was a good deal!!  Hope you love it! thumbs up

Electronics put me to sleep too...

Honored Contributor

Clearance or not; I'm sure it's not inexpensive.  At this stage of my life, I have all the 14k jewelry I will ever need.  I sold a lot of 14K gold things about 6 years ago and I made a killing.  Except for one necklace I have no regrets and at today's gold prices; I will never replace that necklace.  I happen to love the yellow version of Bronzo.  These days I just want the look of gold and the yellow Bronzo works for me.  It looks real, feels real and doesn't cost an an arm and a leg.  I'd rather spend my money on boots and handbags...lol     

Respected Contributor

I used to look for Eterna Gold pieces on sale but not anymore since a pair of earrings broke and I only had it for about 6 mo.  The snap bar closure completely broke off from the earring and I am always gentle with my things.  There was another in stock and so at that point just exchanged it.   Never saw that happen before.