Respected Contributor

Today is National Tape measure day !! I'm so excited !!

On National Tape Measure Day on July 14, it’s a great day to bust out the tape measure, buy a new one for your toolkit, or give one as a gift!  We know there’s a tape measure nestled in your toolkit or crammed in the back of a junk drawer. Everyone has one because they’re universally useful! Whether you need a tape measure for your job as a seamstress or construction worker, or you just need to know if your couch will fit in your living room, you’ll need a tape measure. 

I just bought a tape measure the other day to measure pictures I plan to put up in a certain area of my apartment so I'm going to measure everything today for sure ( Just kidding)  Thought I would bring a little smile to the board. So what are you measuring today ?? Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Today is National Tape measure day !! I'm so excited !!

[ Edited ]

I measured my bust without knowing it was tape measure  day. I ordered the Dennis Basso Big Deal and needed this information for sizing. 

Honored Contributor

I used mine last night to order pants a size smaller.

Honored Contributor

Well, that's an interesting idea to have a 'holiday' for it.  hehe Smiley Happy

I have  those tape measures like you use when you're sewing (I don't really sew), and I have one of those that you pull out from the metal thing.  I've had that one for probably over 4 decades.   It comes in handy, as the other ones I have (the sewing kit ones) are only 5' long.  I keep one of those flexible ones very handy.

Regular Contributor

It's nice to have a little light hearted banter ! !

Regular Contributor

I used the tape measure just about a week ago to order some blackout shades for my son's bedroom windows. The shades were delivered today! 🥳 Let's hope they work! 

Honored Contributor

I just wonder how many children can read a tape measure.

I taught my HS students to use tape measures, rules, and a glass temperature thermometer.

Honored Contributor

It's also National Nude Day-makes it easier to get an accurate reading on your tape measures.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I just wonder how many children can read a tape measure.

I taught my HS students to use tape measures, rules, and a glass temperature thermometer.

@ECBG   I get it. It took forever to teach my GDs how to read a analog clock/watch. They were only familiar w/ digital. They didn't udrstand it when I said "a quarter after or a quarter until....".