Honored Contributor

Re: Today is National Left Handers Day

My granddaughter is a lefty. She is having such a hard time with holding a crayon or marker...and tennis camp was a flop because the idiot coaches insisted she hold her racquet in her right hand. She's only four years old....hope it gets better for her.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess

Your post about some coach forcing a child to go against the child's natural instincts with "handedness"   really makes me sad.

Makes me almost as sad (not to mention downright mad) when I learned the other day that some second-grade girl has convinced my granddaughter that a clown comes into her room at night and wants to kill her.

My son and DIL are now having major problems with their daughter, who last I knew was insisting on sleeping with her parents and really not sleeping well at all.

Teacher has been spoken to.  The offender did apparently get in trouble.

I've always thought that a similar evil child will someday break the news to everyone in class that there is no Santa Claus and Mom and Dad have been lying about him.

We don't need evil coaches, either, who convince our kids that something is wrong that isn't wrong at all.

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I'm left handed also, but only to write and eat.  Everything is is done right handed.  

Me too.   When I was teaching, I'd sometimes write on the board with my right hand.   Then I'd notice it and switch to my left.   I also wear a watch like a right handed person, on my left wrist.

Honored Contributor

I think that kitty is raising her right paw.  Or is my sense of direction off?  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Me, too!  It was tough when I was young.  The teachers kept trying to punish me for writing with my left and tried to switch me to right.  My mother had to come to school and straighten them out!  

Plus, I felt it was harder using scissors, learning to tie shoes, etc.  

I am very left-handed!  I do everything with my left hand and struggle with my right! 

The nuns tied my left hand behind my back, to force me to use right.  My mother took me out of school and into public school.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Count me in, but I use my right to throw a ball, and a bowling ball too.

Same... I bat and throw right handed,

My husband, my daughter and myself are all lefties!!

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Me, too!  It was tough when I was young.  The teachers kept trying to punish me for writing with my left and tried to switch me to right.  My mother had to come to school and straighten them out!  

Plus, I felt it was harder using scissors, learning to tie shoes, etc.  

I am very left-handed!  I do everything with my left hand and struggle with my right! 

The nuns tied my left hand behind my back, to force me to use right.  My mother took me out of school and into public school.

Oh dear!  Smiley Sad  That is just so hideously wrong.  I'm glad she got you out of there.