Respected Contributor

Today is National Cranky Co-Workers Day !

From NationalToday.com

We have Thomas and Ruth Roy to thank for the quirky holiday called Cranky Co-Workers Day. The couple introduced the holiday as part of their holiday company, Wellcat Holidays. They have several such holidays to their name. In fact, there’s even a National Slap Your Irritating Co-Worker Day (October 23) and a National Grouch Day (October 15).

While we do not endorse violence or anything similar, we do encourage you to make fun of the serious and cranky moods of your co-workers by either becoming jokingly cranky yourself or just letting the co-workers be as cranky as they want. However, while you’re at it, make sure that the “fun” isn’t negatively impacting your work environment.

You can have fun with the day by tossing your professional and relaxed attitude away for the day. Wear a constant frown on your face, complain about little things, and drink black coffee in order to perfect that frown. Involve your co-workers too: the more, the merrier. When the original cranky person walks into the room and starts complaining about something, join in and agree with everything they are saying. You can make the day more fun by sending cranky emojis to your co-workers throughout the day. If none of this is up your alley, but you still want to join in on the fun, you can simply let your cranky co-workers be by allowing them to be as cranky as they want instead of telling them to cheer up or pointing out positives.

Can you believe there is a National Day like this ? Glad I'm retired Woman Very HappyWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Today is National Cranky Co-Workers Day !

There are more "national days of ( fill in the blank) than anyone can count. I am also so glad I am retired, but I can think of a couple of former coworkers who would have been deserving of flowers today if I were still at the office. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we all may have had a "crank" at work at some time in our lives, but I have to say, by and large, I loved my job. Although I love getting flowers, I don't think I would receive them for this day! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

There wasn't one job I had in almost 40 years of working when there wasn't a chronic mean spirited personality. 

It bothered me a lot early on, but thankfully grew that much needed thick skin to deal with it.