Respected Contributor

Today is International Left handers day

It's observed every August 13th to celebrate our uniqueness and our differences, first observed on 1976. From one left handed to all of you other left handed folks have a great left handers day !!

Respected Contributor

Re: Today is International Left handers day

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

It's observed every August 13th to celebrate our uniqueness and our differences, first observed on 1976. From one left handed to all of you other left handed folks have a great left handers day !!

@Goodie2shoes  Well then, CHEERS to all you lefties out there.  Good thing I'm right handed, as I drive s stick.  ✋🍸 🚗. LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

And same to you @Goodie2shoes

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

my husband and i are both left handed....both our kids are right handed....i remember how difficult it was teaching them how to tie their shoes!!

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I never knew we had our own day!  I've never been able to hold a pen or pencil correctly.  In elementary school, they tried their darndest to get me to hold it correctly and it just never happened.  I'm not sure if that's a lefty thing or not.

Honored Contributor

OMG.  How do you celebrate being left-handed?

Honored Contributor

Awesome!  Smiley Happy    13 is one of my favorite numbers and I'm left-handed.   I have always liked things like that where I'm not like most people.

There are probably more left-handed people than there used to be.  Fortunately, I missed that part where schools were making left-handed kids change to be right-handed.

My husband is also left-handed, but he's one of the ones who twists his hand over the writing implement.  That always looks so painful to me.

It was decades before I learned why a lot of left-handed people write like that.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

OMG.  How do you celebrate being left-handed?

What is that supposed to mean?    I am a lefty and I celebrate my uniqueness.  It is often not easy but it's who I am and I am proud of it.  

Honored Contributor

I say it loud and proud: I'm a southpaw! The only other lefty anyone can recall is my mom's grandmother, at least on that side of the family.

I'm 73 and went to Catholic schools and was NEVER made to change hands! My parents would never have tolerated that. I've heard horror stories about it but never happened to anyone I know personally.

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Goodie2shoes I never knew we had our own day!  I've never been able to hold a pen or pencil correctly.  In elementary school, they tried their darndest to get me to hold it correctly and it just never happened.  I'm not sure if that's a lefty thing or not.

Dear @Linmo 

The way you hold your pen is the correct way. It's the others who are doing it incorrectly!

A fellow lefty

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown