Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

The child doesn't  know who she is...just ridiculous. 

@kitcat51, you'd be surprised. A whole new generation had come to understanding and appreciating RBG. This young one has probably been schooled by her parents. She may not grasp all the legal aspects but can surely understand what it means to be an important figure who fought for her country.

I'm sorry that you think is is just ridiculous.

Oh please...let kids be mids & stop using them .There's  no way that ,little girl dressed herself & said lets go...her parents dressed her that way for attention &  I wouldn't  be surprised if they end up on GMA. Ugh.

Actually, I tend to agree with you. The kid is essentially a prop and as much as there is to admire about Ms. Ginsburg, last time I looked, salutes tend to be a military and commander in chief kind of thing... Don't think we're yet saluting Supreme Court justices...

lol She's a little girl, not an army officer.

A lot of little girls look up to women from the past and present who have done great things and they very much know who their heroines are. And yes of course parents instill their values in their children, values such as equality and justice for all. As it should be and always has been.

Millennials and even the oldest of Gen Z are starting to have families of their own. Get ready for lots of change going forward.

To those who are upset right now, know that the old ways are dying. That's the reason for all the chaos and desperation. We have to create new. And the young are going to be the ones to do it. We will benefit from their honest and open hearts.

I guess I'm not seeing anyone expressing 'upset', just a few of us commenting that the photograph seems staged for effect...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What a sweet picture! Thanks for posting @songbird!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51, you'd be surprised. A whole new generation had come to understanding and appreciating RBG. This young one has probably been schooled by her parents. She may not grasp all the legal aspects but can surely understand what it means to be an important figure who fought for her country.

I'm sorry that you think is is just ridiculous.

Oh please...let kids be mids & stop using them .There's  no way that ,little girl dressed herself & said lets go...her parents dressed her that way for attention &  I wouldn't  be surprised if they end up on GMA. Ugh.

Actually, I tend to agree with you. The kid is essentially a prop and as much as there is to admire about Ms. Ginsburg, last time I looked, salutes tend to be a military and commander in chief kind of thing... Don't think we're yet saluting Supreme Court justices...

lol She's a little girl, not an army officer.

A lot of little girls look up to women from the past and present who have done great things and they very much know who their heroines are. And yes of course parents instill their values in their children, values such as equality and justice for all. As it should be and always has been.

Millennials and even the oldest of Gen Z are starting to have families of their own. Get ready for lots of change going forward.

To those who are upset right now, know that the old ways are dying. That's the reason for all the chaos and desperation. We have to create new. And the young are going to be the ones to do it. We will benefit from their honest and open hearts.

I guess I'm not seeing anyone expressing 'upset', just a few of us commenting that the photograph seems staged for effect...

I beg to differ from you.....chaos and desperation with all the riots?  No regard for law and order.  God help us all.

Respected Contributor

Only the parent that dresses their child in a costume while people gathered to pay respects knows the intent in their heart of why they were there. 

Call me a cynic, but the costume adds a layer of manipulation to me. And some people feel it's never to soon to make your child a media "influencer." (Who could imagine that would actually be a thing?)

I think the focus of the procession should have been been on RBG and not distracted by Supergirl.

Honored Contributor

Of course the photo was staged but it doesnt make it any less beautiful. Kudos fpr the little girl's parents, very thoughtful gesture.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Hey you know when you end up in a Golden Book you've really

accomplished something !!

@Big Joanie 

recently ordered some christmas golden books. i am ordering the RBG one tomorrow! i dont even have grandchildren yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

How so? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51 

there is a lot to be said for admiring/respecting leaders, trailblazers, icons and teaching the younger generation about them. they can be taught at home, at school, or even via the media. whether she was YOUR leader, trailblazer, icon is a different story. teach your children, your grandchildren about those who you respect and admire.....it will be worth it. we dont all have to be alike. dont disrespect a family and their ways when you know nothing of them.

i used to love reading autobiographies and biographies about people and then respecting and admiring them (especially when i was young and had to do book reports).....and they may NOT have been the same people you respected and admired growing up.

may we have many RBGs in the future!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Today in Washington

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

How so? 

Maybe that poster doesn't know what the picture is about. Some folks don't watch the news.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political