Honored Contributor

Well it looks like the child has manners unlike some posters here today.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I have been sad and depressed all day. Not just about the dear departed Ruth but about other things happening in our country. Everyday is worse than the one before.

I decided last night I have to turn the news and all other political shows off

for tonight ... do not know what I will do after but this stuff is really starting

to get to me ....

Respected Contributor

Hey you know when you end up in a Golden Book you've really

accomplished something !!

Respected Contributor

Re: Today in Washington

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

The child doesn't  know who she is...just ridiculous. 

@kitcat51, you'd be surprised. A whole new generation had come to understanding and appreciating RBG. This young one has probably been schooled by her parents. She may not grasp all the legal aspects but can surely understand what it means to be an important figure who fought for her country.

I'm sorry that you think is is just ridiculous.

Oh please...let kids be kids & stop using them .There's  no way that ,little girl dressed herself & said let's go...her parents dressed her that way for attention &  I wouldn't  be surprised if they end up on GMA. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51, you'd be surprised. A whole new generation had come to understanding and appreciating RBG. This young one has probably been schooled by her parents. She may not grasp all the legal aspects but can surely understand what it means to be an important figure who fought for her country.

@suzyQ3 If someone eise was being saluted by a child, it wouldn't be a problem for some posters here. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I have been sad and depressed all day. Not just about the dear departed Ruth but about other things happening in our country. Everyday is worse than the one before.

@chessylady   I am right there with you.

Unfortunately, I think things will grow far worse in the days ahead.  We have to figure out what we need to do to stay sane and on an even keel.

I try to keep telling myself that "this too shall pass" but it just seems to go on day after day.

I wish you and everyone here peace.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 If someone eise was being saluted by a child, it wouldn't be a problem for some posters here. 

@Greeneyedlady21, I shouldn't have even bothered. I will ignore it from hereon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Today in Washington

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Oh please...let kids be mids & stop using them .There's  no way that ,little girl dressed herself & said lets go...her parents dressed her that way for attention &  I wouldn't  be surprised if they end up on GMA. Ugh.

Actually @kitcat51, I tend to agree with you. The kid is essentially a prop and as much as there is to admire about Ms. Ginsburg, last time I looked, salutes tend to be a military and commander in chief kind of thing... Don't think we're yet saluting Supreme Court justices...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The same people who insist they want famous women to be role models for young girls, still aren't satisfied with a practically perfect famous role model for young girls.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain   Wonderful comment.