Honored Contributor

Re: Today Show today: Bode Miller's Daughter's Drowning

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't think anyone knows what they would do or how they would react until they are actually in that situation.  You may say you wouldn't be able to forgive, but you may find that you can.  OTOH you can say you would absolutely forgive, but in the situation, you may find that you just cannot.  Hopefully none of us will be in that situation.

On a different note, one of my very good friends put her dog outside and came back in the house. The dog was always allowed outside off leash as he never left the yard.  They didn't have a fenced in yard and lived on a fairly busy road, not in a development.

That morning the dog was in the front yard and she sat on the couch and dozed off.  Her husband got up about 30 minutes or so later, went outside and the dog had been hit by a car, presumably by someone who had gone off the road, judging from where the dog was found. 

Her husband came in the house yelling at her about how she killed the dog.  They ended up divorced shortly after that.  There may have been other issues in their marriage and this was the final straw but he couldn't get over the fact that she had been so negligent and the dog was dead.         

@Lipstickdiva...something like this happened  to myself and DH over a pet who was killed....an accident that could have been prevented.....but DH was not being careful....I even warned him to be extra careful

.  It is something I got over....but, will NEVER TOTALLY FORGET.  Because I love  DH so, I  dealt with the hurt and loss and moved on.......but there will always be a bit of anger and loss of trust even though it happened 20 years  ago.... something that I just will never totally forget.🙁

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Saying you would never trust  this person again, doesn't sound very forgiving to me @jubilant.  I don't think it is deserved either. She has raised 3 other children , and they all seem to have fared well

Her husband is supporting her ,and  if she were a bad mother, I don't think he would

She and her husband have one son together and one on the way.  He has two other children from two previous relationships.  

Honored Contributor

Well the other sons were with her, on the day of the childs drowning, so she parents them at least some of the time

May God bless this family ,and give them the strength, and the grace to move on with their lives, and be a blessing to others, who have suffered the loss of a child

Life is mostly froth and bubble

Two things stand like stone

Kindess in anothers trouble

courage in your own

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Saying you would never trust  this person again, doesn't sound very forgiving to me @jubilant.  I don't think it is deserved either. She has raised 3 other children , and they all seem to have fared well

Her husband is supporting her ,and  if she were a bad mother, I don't think he would

She and her husband have one son together and one on the way.  He has two other children from two previous relationships.  

Did you bring your kids into the bathroom with you when they were younger, like your mom did? You may not have seen my post to you. Curious how you handled watching your toddlers 24/7.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

*************   I'm not sure what you are saying here, cherry?  I didn't say that nor do I support that kind of thinking.  I am all for forgiveness and I hope and pray she gets the comfort and peace she needs.  She will have a hard time forgiving herself.  Most of us know that panic stricken feeling when we turn around and  our child is not there. I think you misunderstood where I was coming from.  Have you read all my posts?

Honored Contributor

It's not your post I am referring to..Go back and reread what some people have said about this poor woman @jubilant

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Did you bring your kids into the bathroom with you when they were younger, like your mom did? You may not have seen my post to you. Curious how you handled watching your toddlers 24/7.

I don't know about that poster @bathina but I can tell you that my relative does.  If she needed to use the restroom her daughter came with her or she put her in her playpen.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I don't know about that poster @bathina but I can tell you that my relative does.  If she needed to use the restroom her daughter came with her or she put her in her playpen.   

I know many who do. Just wondering if Shawnie did also, since she criticized Mrs. Miller for losing sight of her child. I'd love to hear how these parents managed. Supermoms, obviously. We can all learn from them.

Honored Contributor

I'm not Supermom, but my toddlers came in the bathroom with me.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  so did mine, but none the less my daughter wandered off for a couple of minutes ,and her father was with me. She was about 5, and had never  ever done that before. There can be a first time for anything

She was just as scared as we were, and thanks to a wonderful man ,she was returned safely, to us in just a few minutes. She never did it again ,and I made sure I knew where she was every second

I think she thought we were leaving, and were right behind her,  She could push the door open, but once she was outside, it was too heavy to pull open, for her. She couldn't have been gone more than 4 or 5 minutes,  at the most,but I will tell you, those few minutes were a nightmare for all of us

I have nothing but sorrow for that poor mother.