Trusted Contributor

Today Show this morning from London

Did anybody watch the Today Show this morning when Savannah was talking to their correspondent in London about the new baby boy.  Did I hear right?  Did she say everyone is waiting to see "the little bugger?"  Is that a common term in London, England?

Respected Contributor

Re: Today Show this morning from London

It probably is.
Honored Contributor

It's a common term here too. 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 @It sounds rude but I am sure it isn’t meant to be.Just an old fashioned cutesy term.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did The Today Show fly her to London just because of Harry & Meghan's baby?  Good grief.  I saw her for a minute or two when she was interviewing George Clooney and a couple of other men.  It was not a good hair day - maybe she'd taken the red-eye to London.

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 : @ValuSkr : I just watched the interview....west coast feed. Savannah is in the studio and it was the British correspondent, Camilla something, who said bugger. 

Since I had read the post before that aired I listened to hear Savannah say the word. Nope, not her

Respected Contributor

@newname0 

Not a London term but a British term of endearment for a child.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Did anybody watch the Today Show this morning when Savannah was talking to their correspondent in London about the new baby boy.  Did I hear right?  Did she say everyone is waiting to see "the little bugger?"  Is that a common term in London, England?

yes it is

silly bugger, etc

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Did The Today Show fly her to London just because of Harry & Meghan's baby?  Good grief.  I saw her for a minute or two when she was interviewing George Clooney and a couple of other men.  It was not a good hair day - maybe she'd taken the red-eye to London.

@ValuSkr, Amy Robeck (sp?) is in London for GMA.  She's been there for a week.  Yesterday when they were talking to her she said she was officially out of clothes waiting for that baby to come.  She didn't think she would be there that long.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know if it's a British term but I know it's an American term.  I've heard older people refer to small children as those "little buggers".  I'm sure it's slang and term of endearment.  Similar to rug rats.