Honored Contributor

Get rid of Matt Lauer. And, CBS needs to get rid of Gail King.

Respected Contributor
On 11/20/2014 gig2750 said: To those of you who watch the Today Show, have they mentioned anything about any of this? I haven't been able to see the show for the last 3 days b/c I am stuck in this incredible "Snowmaggedon" and all of our local stations have done nothing but air non-stop weather-related programming all day! They usually don't say anything when it involves one of their own, but I was curious if it might have been discussed to quell the rumors? I do believe that there will be some changes!

Yes, they actually did discuss this. Two posts up I commented - Willie was off on some remote location and Natalie was reading the news. Both said it was only a rumor and both said they'd gotten calls from friends/family asking if they were out of a job. Above I said - I'm guessing that the truth lies in the middle, but a blunt shake up after the Ann Curry mess would have been devastating for them. I actually like Willie and think he'd be a good replacement for Matt - whose time has been up long ago, IMO. To me. these days it's like Matt has begun dialing in the job (not literally) but meaning he's just doing the minimum required.

I think what you will see - is rather than a large shakeup, they will pick them off one by one. I'd read that there's tension between Tamron and Natalie and that they may send Tamron back to MSNBC full time (it makes more sense). Then I see them picking off the other two little by little, easing in others.

Honored Contributor

Get rid of Robin Roberts and I'll watch GMA.

Get rid of Today show alltoghter.

I'd rather watch Charlie Rose, et al, IF I watched any morning shows. Which I rarely do.

Super Contributor

Thanks, BeanCounter17! After I posted,I did go back up & read your post. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I read about the Natalie/Tamron tension,too. I hope Natalie doesnt leave; maybe it would be better if Tamron went back to the other position.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big Willie G fan. He's the reason I tune into Morning Joe. He's a smart guy -- plus has emotional intelligence. Knowledgeable about economics and politics. Great insight. I'd like to see Willie's career be what he wants it to be.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I like both of them. I hope they are not fired. I usually watch the Today Show. I'm a big Matt Lauer fan and I like Al Roker a great deal too. I also like Lester Holt. I hope Lester is still on.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Just my 2 cents' worth...get rid of Matt, he's too much of a stick in the mud, and replace him with Josh Elliott or Lester Holt

Get rid of Savannah Guthrie altogether and Tamron Hall with her constant, nervous laughter. She makes me crazy.

I like Natalie and Willie and Jenna. Hoda is good with news stories and I'd keep her, too.

War Eagle!
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/23/2014 winamac1 said:

I like both of them. I hope they are not fired. I usually watch the Today Show. I'm a big Matt Lauer fan and I like Al Roker a great deal too. I also like Lester Holt. I hope Lester is still on.

Yes - Lester Holt is excellent

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 HHC1 said:
On 11/19/2014 ROMARY said:

Anybody else here like Jenna Bush guest hosting on NBC Today Show (and sometimes on Kathie Lee and Hoda Show)? I like her energy, no matter who, what, etc.

I saw her recently, but didn't realize who she was. She came across as very nervous and inexperienced. I saw her name flash on the screen right before I changed the channel.

Jenna Bush does not seem nervous or inexperienced to me. I think Matt, Savannah, and Hoda need to go.
Respected Contributor

I don't watch the networks at all, but I do like Hoda Kotb! I'd rather see her than one of those Broadcasting Barbie clones.