Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 Vivian said: I watch CBS because they have actual news on their program. All I can say about the Today Show is that it has gone downhill, trying to imitate GMA's phony giggling hosts. NBC seems to have the poorest human resources practices in America. Their firings, hirings, and goofs could be a model of what NOT to do.

I would watch it too if they got rid of that awful Gail King.

Honored Contributor

Natalie M. quit, she said she felt left out, like an outside looking in.

Can't remember which morn show this happened at, but in todays news. A big name player on one of the morn shows was fired after 3 months on the job. He came from EPSN. This big name player wanted to revamp the whole morn show, and they fired him rather than letting him do what he was hired to do.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/19/2014 occasional rain said:
On 11/19/2014 Vivian said: I watch CBS because they have actual news on their program. All I can say about the Today Show is that it has gone downhill, trying to imitate GMA's phony giggling hosts. NBC seems to have the poorest human resources practices in America. Their firings, hirings, and goofs could be a model of what NOT to do.

I would watch it too if they got rid of that awful Gail King.

Gail is not the best at news reporting but compared to GMA (which I had watched for decades) and NBC, she is looking pretty good.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/19/2014 viva923 said:

Natalie M. quit, she said she felt left out, like an outside looking in.

Can't remember which morn show this happened at, but in todays news. A big name player on one of the morn shows was fired after 3 months on the job. He came from EPSN. This big name player wanted to revamp the whole morn show, and they fired him rather than letting him do what he was hired to do.

Is there a site that confirms Natalie M quit?

Esteemed Contributor

The few times I have watched Willie Geist I really liked him. He seems fun and natural.

Honored Contributor

I like Willie a lot too.

Respected Contributor

Had Today on in the background this morning and there was Willie (at a remote location supposedly working on a story) and Natalie in the studio. Both are denying this - saying how ridiculous the rumor is. Natalie said relatives and friends have called to ask if it is true and how big this rumor got on its own.

I have no idea if it is true or not - but this rumor had been around a while - along with Natalie and Tamron are fighting, etc. I'm guessing the truth may very well be somewhere in the middle and that the new guy is gone bc as the original story said - they did such a horrid job with the Ann Curry fiasco they cannot afford another PR disaster.

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 ROMARY said:

Anybody else here like Jenna Bush guest hosting on NBC Today Show (and sometimes on Kathie Lee and Hoda Show)? I like her energy, no matter who, what, etc.

I saw her recently, but didn't realize who she was. She came across as very nervous and inexperienced. I saw her name flash on the screen right before I changed the channel.

Super Contributor
To those of you who watch the Today Show, have they mentioned anything about any of this? I haven't been able to see the show for the last 3 days b/c I am stuck in this incredible "Snowmaggedon" and all of our local stations have done nothing but air non-stop weather-related programming all day! They usually don't say anything when it involves one of their own, but I was curious if it might have been discussed to quell the rumors? I do believe that there will be some changes!
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/19/2014 ROMARY said:

Anybody else here like Jenna Bush guest hosting on NBC Today Show (and sometimes on Kathie Lee and Hoda Show)? I like her energy, no matter who, what, etc.

I really like her on Kathie Lee and Hoda, she is very down to earth and personable, but don't necessarily feel she is serious enough for the news.