Honored Contributor

Re: Today Is the Last Full Day of Summer!

I am happy that Fall is almost here! I dont care for the humid days of Summer. Fall makes me happy and I like the Winter months also.Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Counting the days for spring and summer. Smiley Very Happy Love those months!

This is painful to see everything turning from lovely green (soon), then leaves dropping and the world will suddenly be bleak, very cold, crummy weather and days will be so short. Not a fan of the winter months at all. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness.  We live in S. WI  & I hate hot weather, but  we are on week two of sunshine & 60's-70's.   I am getting my infusion in the Capitol City passing the time away.   Then we are going for a drive thru lunch & shopping for Pumpkin Spice Coffee.   

Honored Contributor

I have high hopes for spring of 2022.

Trusted Contributor

I'm rather happy Fall is arriving. 

The summer here in Illinois was extremely hot!  Also, it was so dry so I was outside just roasting in the heat while I was watering all my plants to keep them from dying this summer.

As I'm getting older I notice that I function better outside when it's cooler rather than when its hotter.  For me, I just have a lot more energy and can get a lot more done.

Super Contributor

I'm not crazy about fall. We have long, cold harsh winters here and fall is just a reminder how close it is to snow and cold. Seriously though, it could snow like crazy at any time here pretty much from mid- October thru mid- April. Years back, we had a brutal October snowstorm that reaked havoc on the area.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

I'm relieved that summer is ending. Hate to say it but it's not my favorite season for a number of reasons...bugs, yard work and the heat.  I like the fall but it is so fleeting here. We usually go from hot summer to freezing cold in a snap. Winter is my favorite...I love the snow.

Honored Contributor

(Sidebar to @SilleeMee --  hadn't "seen" you in awhile, so glad to read your posts again!)

I do love the 'quickening' feeling of fall, the leaves, the orange moons, crisp air, wearing sweaters and tights!  A feeling of excitement.  Only wish it would last a bit longer...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you! I was gone for a while, sick with covid! 

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness, @SilleeMee -- how terrible.  I hope it wasn't one of the worst courses of the illness, hope you didn't suffer too much.  But I haven't seen you here in awhile, so I fear you had it hard...

What a relief that you're feeling well enough to post.  Do you mind saying how you feel now?  Congrats for coming through, and again, delighted to see you here!