Respected Contributor

Re: Today Is the Hottest Day Ever Recorded in France

@golding76 - On one of my trips to Greece - the temperature hit 45 degrees Celsius!  And the humidity!  It was a challenge!

Valued Contributor

I remember many 112 F days in West Texas 50 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Witchywoman  If you have some Adolph's meat tenderizer, make a paste and apply it to the bites. It will neutralize the poison and stop the itch

Honored Contributor

Here in Oklahoma we are in shock!  We've in the central part only hit 90 recently!  We're not alarmed at temps up to 105 in the summer.  And we've had many 111's and even higher at times.

But I LOVE summer!  I love the light and the sun and the long days.  It's deary fall and winter that I dread.  And my most hated season is spring--tornadoes.  We have had more than 100 of those so far this year too, but looks like the worst is over for us now. 

Honored Contributor

I can't wait for the maples to turn, and the air to become crisp..I know we need summer for food, so ,I endure it as best as I can

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry 

I'm going to have to look for this in the store.  None on hand.  Been using Isomers Copper P serum and some non-itch cream I have.  It has helped.

I swear, the size of this welt would probably send some to an emergency room out of fear.  I've had them before from unknown insect bites.

I'm likely highly alergic to bites, although bee stings don't kill me, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

If it is that bad @Witchy Woman  you might need neosporin

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seka,

The last time I visited Greece was in 2003, which was one of their hottest summers ever.

I've always chuckled inside whenever Greeks would protest that their heat was superior to what we experience in the D.C. Metro Area.  The boast was, of course, "no humidity"  in Greece.  I beg to differ about the human suffering.  Like you, the heat wilted me and my two sons.  And we were on Crete, which sits immediately above North Africa, a full week. Some warm winds blew up from Africa that singed your hair.  Perhaps there is no great humidity but that heat scorches you.

Hot, dusty, miserable.  I had to laugh when we were visiting Crete (we went to several locales in Greece) and one of my sons grumbled, "Where in the heck are we, freakin' Iraq?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's just the new reality.  They'll adjust.  We all knew this was coming.  We've been reading the predictions about climate change for 20 years.  Well, the future is now.  Weather patterns are changing but they are also more erratic.  It's heat now but they could very well have the snowiest coldes winter since we started keeping statistics....or the warmest winter.  We've been having our own weather challenges in recent years.  They don't report it but the Far East has had monumental floods and monsoons.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  take some Benedryl and apply a cold compress..

that usually helps me