Esteemed Contributor

Today Is The Most Perfect Summer Day.

It bears repeating,  today is a 10 out of 10 for summer days.

Local weather web site says it is currently 74 at their station which means it is probably 70 here.  We are north of the TV station.

A ton of sun, not a cloud anywhere and a breeze that is perfection.

It says a low of 52 tonight so we will be in the upper 40s.  Great sleeping weather.

I know it won't last but, boy oh boy, am I enjoying today.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Today Is The Most Perfect Summer Day.

Southern WV has enjoyed mid 70's for the last 3 days.  We did have half an inch of rain on Thursday, which was the last day of dog days 2022.  

Just in the short time frame of dog days, from July 3 - August 11, my southern county of WV had 10 inches of rain!  Usually we are hot and very dry during this time frame, but this year has been recorded as the 6th wettest dog day period in the years of WV record keeping.   I like rain, no complaints from me.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop  We need some rain, things are pretty dry.  I think we may get rain Monday.

The living room window behind me is wide open and the breeze is great.

Trusted Contributor

I agree! It's glorious today!!
Honored Contributor

Here too! You described it so well!
I forgot what a beautiful no humidity not too hot with a breeze butterflies and hummingbirds was like!
I'm so grateful for a day like this!
Then all of a sudden the electricity went out! But it's ok- they are putting in undergeound lines so we don't all lose it during storms so often.
Anyway we'll take it right? This beautiful summer day!
"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

First day since Father's Day that we could turn the a/c off and open the windows.

Honored Contributor

It is perfect here too, and yesterday was just as nice !  Perfect summer day ! 🌞

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

NW PA here...so crystal clear here today, and 70s low humidity, I can see SEVEN mountain ridge tops in the Allegheny Forest behind my house....that only happens when it's clear and dry...

Did you folks see the moon the last few nights??? Stunning!!!

I always say, living here, that just when you think you'll lose your mind when it's soupy humid hot or freezing raining drizzly in the spring, it clears up and you feel renewed.

I guess we need the super uncomfortable to appreciate the gorgeous perfect weather like today...

Gonna be really cool again tonight....last night was wonderful after the humid days and nights of the past weeks..

I have no AC, but live on a ridge top where there's always a breeze, thankfully. Sometimes a warm breeze, but at least the air is moving. I have one of those portable contraption air conditioners that you use with that hose thing to the window, but never used it one time this year. I HATE being trapped in the house, all buttoned up. Spring and summer is short enough, and being inside for late fall, winter and spring is WAAAAAY enough inside for me!!!

Anyway..days like today make you glad to be alive!! The low humidity is drying but we needed that after that soupy weather. 

The field behind my house has that golden fall glow to it, and my neighbor has a fully red maple tree in his yard ( not a Red Maple, but the leaves have turned already) It's been dry and hot this year so maybe that will speed up the foliage change....

I love the four seasons....and perfect days like this are the reason!!!