Respected Contributor

Re: Today Is My Mom's Birthday

[ Edited ]

I am very sorry for your loss.  

My own experiences losing both parents and two beloved sisters ... it took at least two years each time to really start to feel "normal" again.  I think it just takes time to get to that new normal.

But if you are really incapacitated by your grief....continually cry, can't eat, work or other relationships are affected....it is a good idea to ask your doctor to recommend someone for you to talk to.  

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2

I know how difficult this must be for you. Having lost both my parents close together the pain has never lessened. But I try to reminisce about the good life they gave us, even though money was very tight. We as kids never wanted for anything. They truly loved us. Sending you warm hugs ... 🌺🌼💐🌈💞

Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry.  You were so lucky to have a mother you were so close to.  I would like to share this writting which has been so helpful to me in the past.

Henry Scott Holland

Death Is Nothing.jpg

Honored Contributor

She was given a long life to enjoy with you, not that it lessens your pain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Today would have been my mom's 93 birthday. I knew her last birthday would be the last we would spend together. I'm sitting here so sad, crying and missing her terribly. Sunday will be the one year anniversary of her death, I feel the same one year later as I did in the beginning, there is no light at the end of the tunnel for me.

@Jordan2 today would have been my Mom's birthday too.  It's been 12 years.  The first year is the worst.  It will get better (hard to see now, believe me I know).  The good memories replace most of the sad ones. Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Losing your mother is painful.  It takes a long time to adjust to life without her.  I remember grabbing the phone to call my mother a few years after she passed,  then remembering she was gone.

What helped me was to just talk out loud to her.  My mother has been gone almost 40 years and I still talk to her.  I ask for advice and how to make a recipe and just tell her that I love her.  I know she hears me and she helps me find my way. 

Mothers don't leave their children.  She will stay by your side until you meet on the other side again.

I know that the hurt and pain of her loss will go away and in it's place will be the beautiful memories you have of her.  It takes time, but it will happen.

Please know that she is still with you..in your heart and in your mind and she is watching over you and protecting you. Tell your mother " Happy Birthday. " She will hear you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry, @Jordan2. I think your mom was blessed to have you for a daughter. I remember your posts when you were taking care of her, you loved her so much and did your best. 

I really believe there are some bonds that cannot be broken, no matter what, the bond your shared with your mom is one of those.

I'm praying for you, and I'm sorry for your heartache. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jordan, today is my mother's birthday too!  She would have been 99. She died in 2003. There are at least 3 of us here whose moms have the same birthday.  I wonder what mine would say about the current events.  She was always interested in politics.

Jordan, I'm sorry you are still feeling the pain of losing your dear mother.  I miss mine every day, but it's not so fresh as yours.  May the good memories comfort you.

Esteemed Contributor

My sympathy to you.  She must have been a lovely woman.

Mine has been gone for ten years and I mainly have nice soft memories.  But every birthday I just want her to make me a cake 😪. Some wishes never go away. 

Valued Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss and I hope the beautiful memories of her bring you comfort.  Sending hugs and a prayer.