Honored Contributor

Today I Am 5 Years Cancer Free

I am so happy that this day is here. There was a time some years ago that I wasn't sure this day would come but I am so grateful to God, my family and my wonderful, best-in-the world surgeon that I can celebrate this day.

I am going to get a celebratory lunch from McDonald's and plan to love every bite!!

Thanks for letting me share. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Today I Am 5 Years Cancer Free

Congrats. That's great news. Have a wonderful lunch!!

Honored Contributor

@plc123   Thank you!

Super Contributor

My husband has been cancer free for 11 years so i know the feeling.

Honored Contributor

That is great news!  @Love my grandkids 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

What a blessing to hear this wonderful news!  Thanks for sharing!!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids - That's wonderful news.  Congratulations for persevering and getting through what I'm certain was a tough battle.

My sister-in-law was diagnosed about that many years ago with cancer and decided she would just give up; no treatment (she'd lost her husband a few years earlier).  Thankfully, she saw things differently after several of us, including her son and daughter-in-law talked to her and she's still with us and grateful to be so, just as you are.  She's had more years of life to enjoy.

My motto is "It ain't over, till it's over."  Enjoy your celebration!  You deserve it!!!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife @Lucky Charm @plc123  Thanks for all the kind words. @plc123  Congrats to your husband!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations !!!!!  what an awesome day for you ! You deserve the biggest celebration you can have. Blessings for many many more celebrations for years to come !   Not to take away from your day but my son and I celebrate being colon cancer free for about 12 yrs. He was diagnosed at 35 and after surgery I was diagnosed at 59 (about 6 months later) and had surgery and  we both ended with final diagnosis of a less than  stage 1 so no further treatment. Enjoy your awesome day !!

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful occasion for celebration, @Love my grandkids !   Just the best.  Thanks for letting us know this great news.