Valued Contributor

Re: Today Doesn't Even Feel Like Thanksgiving

@Anonymous032819 What this year has brought all of us is a huge awakening to the things we value: family, animals, health, nature, faith and our precious earth. Its been a tough and sometimes shocking lesson, but here we are, most of us somehow finding our gratitude for our lives, our memories. Don't you think we are all stronger? Could this be life's lesson, to find your strength and gratitude in times of sorrow? I pray for everyone here, and everyone everywhere. God Bless you all.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@Anonymous032819 What this year has brought all of us is a huge awakening to the things we value: family, animals, health, nature, faith and our precious earth. Its been a tough and sometimes shocking lesson, but here we are, most of us somehow finding our gratitude for our lives, our memories. Don't you think we are all stronger? Could this be life's lesson, to find your strength and gratitude in times of sorrow? I pray for everyone here, and everyone everywhere. God Bless you all.

@furbabylover  I would certainly, after this year, add toilet paper to the things we have learned to value!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My brother and I are both sad we cannot share a meal together, too many risks.

Edited to add my hubby and I are sharing a catered meal, I am recovering from hip replacement so we are happy that we are together 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

One of the longest days ever.

I really, really don't care for holidays anymore.  The older I get, the less I like them. 

I looked at the clock a few minutes ago and almost gasped.  It was only 5:30.  I feel like this day will never end. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

It does feel different from most holidays in the past, just my husband and I, but life goes on and I am grateful for our health and the hope of better days ahead by spring/summer of 2021.

DS and DIL are by themselves as they work in health care and have had considerable covid exposure. We chatted early this am and I told them we would have Thanksgiving in July! 

I made a turkey breast, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce and oven roasted butternut squash. Also had a glass of wine and a nap.lol. We’ll get through this. Blessings to all.

Honored Contributor

image.png

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I was happy with our day today. It was at home by ourselves. Usually it's an hour and a half drive, chaotic, no nice table settings, but great family. I had my nice fall dishes on the table,good food except for the 24 pound Turkey which was a bit of a disaster. Otherwise it was great.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I'm so less stressed this year.  I always have out of state guests so there is the extra cleaning, towels, changing sheets on all the beds, on and on.  Then there's all the cooking including the evening dinner and breakfast in the morning.  Of course I miss them but for this year it is just the two of us and I'm enjoying my freedom.

@Biftu  Did you wear something LOGO today?

Trusted Contributor

We had our normal thanksgiving, just us four and my parents like we do every year...tomorrow I'll be starting my Xmas decorating....🎄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

It is not about the turkey.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh