Respected Contributor

Re: Toby crossed Rainbow Bridge

My condolences to you @hckynutjohn .  I relate to your loss as we had 13 dogs (yes they all lived in the house), a cat and 2 ginuea pigs.  We are now down to 5 dogs and experienced tremendous loss with each passing.  It  doesn't get easier to lose one as each is an individual.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

So sorry John.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

So very very sorry.  It makes me cry for you and Cindy your wife, because I know how much it hurts. He was a lucky cat to have the two of you, and you both were lucky to have him and gave him such a good life.  I know only time a lot of time it takes to not feel awful, been there and done that and now have good memories.

I hope I have my little one for a few more years, she is around 14 a little poodle, but i cry just thinking about it.

As much as it hurts, she has to go before me because she will be lost.

My heart and prayers are with you and Cindy in your grief.  There are family.  I'm glad you have each other to console and hold.

Regular Contributor

Dear hckynutjohn(john),

May your sweet memories of Toby bring comfort to the saddness that is felt in your heart today.

Respected Contributor

I lost both my senior boy cat and my senior boy dog this year--one after months of cancer treatments, one suddenly from a brain hemorrhage.

Losing an animal companion is always heart-breaking.  I still have a full house, but each pet is special and unique in its own way.

Sometimes the grief never fades, but knowing we fully loved and did our best can be a comfort.

The joy of sweet memories will always be in our heart.

Respected Contributor

May your heavy heart be comforted one day by wonderful memories of Toby.   

Rainbow Bridge received another beautiful soul.  My sincere condolences.  

Honored Contributor

Poly will look forward to meeting him! After the splendid greeting she received when she she left us to go to the Bridge, I'm quite certain she's become part of the Welcoming Committee.

My husband and I share your sorrow John. We must focus on knowing that Toby and Poly are in a place free from pain, and knowing how much we loved them and remember them.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Thanks for providing such a loving feline a forever home. You are an amazing couple with your compassion for all animals. Have a feeling another will find its way into your hearts and home at the right time.

Sincere condolences, John. It's painful when we must part with a beloved family member.                  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn , I am so very sorry your precious Toby passed.  It's hard when we lose a pet.  I know this baby was loved and cared for and that is a blessing you gave Toby. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:
 I wonder sometimes why we put ourselves through the unbelievable pain we suffer when we lose these precious pets.  However I cannot imagine a life without them.  They add so much joy, companionship and smiles especially if you don't have a lot of human family and are retired. 

Which is EXACTLY why we put ourselves through the pain. The joy, companionship, smiles and love are worth the pain of loss.