Honored Contributor

I live in Westchester County NY and our Covid numbers are low, I have a compromised immune system, so my life has been spent pretty close to home. We are supposed to go to a resort hotel in Coastal CT at the end of July their numbers are low too.

I am trying to weight the options, part of me wants to go and part of me does not.

We have alread cancelled a March and May trip to Fl this year 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: To travel or not to travel

We cancelled a couple trips earlier this year too but we were supposed to go on a car trip next week.  I was like you - I want to go yet I don’t.  Ultimately we’ve decided not to go.  

If you do go maybe take your own bedding and cleaning supplies for the hotel. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what to do either and I don't have a compromised immune system. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic 

If I take my own bedding I think I would stay home much to much to deal

@itsmagic wrote:

We cancelled a couple trips earlier this year too but we were supposed to go on a car trip next week.  I was like you - I want to go yet I don’t.  Ultimately we’ve decided not to go.  

If you do go maybe take your own bedding and cleaning supplies for the hotel. 

with

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live on Long Island. DH & I have not left the general area since March. We have cancelled trips to New Jersey, Pennsylvania & Florida.

We have no intentions of going anywhere anytime soon. It's our choice.If you feel like you can go & not worry, then go. If you're going to worry then stay home.

Stay well.

Honored Contributor

I would not take a chance with your health concerns.  Stay home.

Honored Contributor

Unless it was something like - driving to a lake or the mountains, being by yourselves in a rented house, etc., I would not risk it.  I'd not stay in a hotel or resort now.  Hopefully we can next year.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't be to concerned about the hotel bedding.  Since it is a resort hotel, I am sure they would launder the bedding after each guest at least.  What I would do is take the bedspread off the bed and not use it as I doubt they are washed as often.  Tell housekeeping you do not want the bedspread on the bed if you are concerned.   As you are not going far, are you driving rather than  flying?  If so I would take my own pillow.

I  would go, mask, relax and enjoy your vacation.   I don't think the virus is going away anytime soon and we can't stay afraid and isolated for a long haul.  I was homebound for 3 months and for me, it is time to get back to as normal as possible, taking reasonable precautions but not going to extreme.  What will be will be.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Unless it was something like - driving to a lake or the mountains, being by yourselves in a rented house, etc., I would not risk it.  I'd not stay in a hotel or resort now.  Hopefully we can next year.

@Mj12, I've read that house rental outfits are making out like bandits right now. My daughter and family take such driving trips, each for three or four days.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  I understand completely. Im immunocompromised too. I'm nearby in Fairfield County, CT and was going to go to the Cape, renting our own cottage in a small complex. Even with airing it out a day, bringing our own blankets, etc it got to be too much work/worry to enjoy fully. People would still  be too close between the beach and driveway etc  Next year hopefully.  Stay well &safe whatever you choose..