Honored Contributor

To those who received debit card

[ Edited ]

from Government for the latest stimulus check.

OK, in my informed delivery mailbox this morning there is an

item saying You will be receiving an Economic Impact card soon in

your mailbox. Otherwise, I guess they mean don't throw it away it's legit ?

So, how do you know if just one person wife or husband is getting it

or the both of you are getting it.

I checked the Get My Payment page and they're saying the same ol' thing nothing about getting a debit card.

Anybody else have this to happen with theirs ?

Thanks for any information.

Honored Contributor

Re: To those who received debit card

I know when the very first one was given out my in-laws received only one card for the total they were eligible to receive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only received the debit card during the first stimulant period.  The first time they (the IRS porthole) didn't say what I would be getting. Only that it was mailed and the date it was mailed.  I just watched carefully any mail I got.  I remember getting it, but I can't recall the return address.  It said cardmembers on it.  IRS like to spring surprises.  I got a debit card first, a check next and now a deposit (on the one account we have for direct deposits)  So watch carefully.  When you receive it, you can "cash" it online.  They give you directions or take it to your bank. 

I do remember seeing the debit card in advance on the informed mail from the post office.  Although I didn't know the exact return address.  Enclosed you should see a letter from the IRS.  You will only receive one card, with a total amount.  Good to anyone that was supposed to get the card. 

Respected Contributor

You should not be receiving a notice from the Governor, it should be from Federal Government........IRS.  The notice should have been sent through the mail not an email.

Were your previous payments on a debit card?

Honored Contributor

I guess you'll find out when you open the envelope.  It should tell you how much the balance of the debit card is.

Honored Contributor

We received a notice from the IRS saying we would receive a debit card, but the 1st time around we received a check, so we'll see!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

We received a notice from the IRS saying we would receive a debit card, but the 1st time around we received a check, so we'll see!

Be prepared to wait a while.  The first around with a debit card, I waited almost 2 weeks.  The check took the longest.  About 3 weeks.  

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

You should not be receiving a notice from the Governor, it should be from Federal Government........IRS.  The notice should have been sent through the mail not an email.

Were your previous payments on a debit card?

Didn't say anything about Governor. This was in my informed delivery from the IRS. Previous payments were first direct deposit, then, just for me not him, a check, he never got one, now, they're saying debit card !

We don't know if that means just me, just him, or both of us.

Hopefully, as the one poster said it will be for both of us in 1 card.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Your original post said Gov. but I see you have corrected it to read government.  That was the reason for my mention.

Honored Contributor

Yep, I forget not everybody is up on my lingo. LOL