Honored Contributor

Re: To those who live alone . . .

@ECBG You and I have a love fest going on!Smiley Happy

I used to let him sleep with me but he wants to eat 24/7 so he jumps on my chest to wake me up.

Later in the morning I open the door and he gets in the bed with me.  He's the most frustrating cat I've ever had and the most wonderful cat.  He's amazing!

Trusted Contributor

when my husband is away, it's no, no, yes.

when he's here, it's yes, yes, yes. 😊

Respected Contributor

no, no, close the blinds in the living room when it gets dark while I'm in there. Open the  blinds partially in the bedroom once the light is out so I can see dawn breaking.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG You and I have a love fest going on!Smiley Happy

I used to let him sleep with me but he wants to eat 24/7 so he jumps on my chest to wake me up.

Later in the morning I open the door and he gets in the bed with me.  He's the most frustrating cat I've ever had and the most wonderful cat.  He's amazing!

You know what I have who is always in my arms!  He gets a bath tomorrow and a little Banana Republic cologne!  

I'll email you something.  Love you and SO wish we were closer!

Esteemed Contributor

I keep wasp spray beside my bed----Also in a few other areas in house. 

Honored Contributor

NO,NO NO.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Bedroom door always open...bathroom partially closed.....

I close my blinds at night because a few years ago I was reading in the living room and looked up to see the neighborhood kids looking in....thought it was funny to scare the carp out of me...

Trusted Contributor

No, No, and Yes

Super Contributor

I never understood how people don't have even a shade on their windows.  I'm amazed how many times we've driven at night and were able to see right into people's houses . . . . watching TV, etc.  Weird.  And creepy.  I had a friend whose home backed to woods and it was such an unnerving feeling to be sitting in the LR at night and wondering who was out there creeping on us. 

When I am home alone, I never shut my bedroom door.  A few years ago we had a man break into a woman's home who was home alone sleeping.  He found her bedroom door locked so he went to the front door and rang the doorbell then hid outside her bedroom door.  When she opened it she was attacked.  That freaked me out ever since so no, the door stays open because I want to be able to HEAR what is going on in the house.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamelaSue72  My college roommate and I spent a week in NYC, staying at the all-women Barbizon Hotel.  In the morning after our first night we could not find the hotel key.  Yep, it was outside in the door lock all night.

Answers, sometimes, always, and only to keep the sun out. Very rarely alone in the house.