Honored Contributor

Re: To those who live alone . . .

No, no and no.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

When my husband goes on business trips( quite often)  the only thing I do is leave lots of lights on.... And I have a bee bee gun that looks like a real rifle that I have next to the bed.  I do not think I can work it, but it looks pretty threatening.....I do have a Golden Retriever  That would probably lick the burglar to death......

That is a very dangerous thing.  To keep a "gun" that isn't really a gun, which you don't know how to use even IF it was a gun - would scare the bee-jeebers out of a burglar and as soon as he saw the bee-bee gun, he would shoot you AND your beautiful Golden Retriever.  That is the worst idea you and your husband could have come up with. 

Please re-think this.  The burglar would come into your room with his gun already in his hand, before you ever started to reach for yours, which isn't even a gun.  I have the shakes just picturing this scenario.....

Contributor

No, no, and yes, absolutely!!
Respected Contributor

no, no & no..

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Do you close your bedroom door at night?

Do you close your bathroom door when you are using it (or not using it)?

Do you pull all of your shades down or close your drapes at night?

My answers are yes, yes, and yes.

If asleep yes.

It's just us, no but yes if showering so room doesn't get cold when you exit shower.

Yes to blinds drawn at night for sleep.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

When I did live alone...............

No

No

Yes

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Hi, my JSS Heart

I've lived solo (without another human) for the last 30 years, but for most of them I've been blessed with a beloved animal companion.

Or two.

Or three.

My own answers are:

No

Sometimes

Yes

Hope you, your daughter, & your granddog are all doing well. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Hi, my JSS Heart

I've lived solo (without another human) for the last 30 years, but for most of them I've been blessed with a beloved animal companion.

Or two.

Or three.

My own answers are:

No

Sometimes

Yes

Hope you, your daughter, & your granddog are all doing well. Woman Happy

And I hope you are doing well also, JSS. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

@candys mine wrote:

Never close the bedroom door unless there's comapny.  Always close th bathroom door when I'm in it and partially closed otherwise.  Close the curtains at night. I  also refuse to let anybody fix the squeaky hinges on the front and back doors.  I know exactly when someone comes in my house from where ever I am in it.  

@candys mine. Your squeaky doors reminded me of the string of decorative brass bells that mom hung on the inside of the front door.  I was a teen & complained about how noisy they were when I came in from a date.  Mom just looked at me & said yes

DUH!Woman LOL

GOOD IDEAS FOR BOTH OF YOU!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No to all three.

I don't like being in a room with a closed door.  I'm here alone during the day so the only time I close the bathroom door is when my husband is home or when our daughter is visiting.

I keep the shades halfway all the time unless it's really hot, then I pull them three quarters of the way down to keep the sun out.