Honored Contributor

Re: 💚To those who are hurting this holiday season... and best wishes to all!❤️

Thank you kind, wise @dooBdooHeart

It's always been such a pleasure posting with you.

As I sit here grieving my brother's suicide a few months ago and wishing I could hide under a rock, so many of the points in your OP give me hope.

Thank you for posting it, I needed that.........I truly do.

Smiley love 085.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @qualitygal and @GCR18!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo ... Thank you for your words, thoughts, and insight.  Wish I could express myself the way you do.  Wish I could offer the compassion, wisdom and love that you send to all. 

So many of us are feeling pain, loss, and so much more this season.  It is hard and thank you for sharing this.

Sending holiday love and hugs to you!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

As I sit here grieving my brother's suicide a few months ago and wishing I could hide under a rock, so many of the points in your OP give me hope.

Smiley love 085.gif

@KingstonsMom

❤️(((IG)))❤️.    I'm so, so sorry.   Your post brought tears to my eyes, and my heart breaks for you and your family.   I'm glad this thread offered a modicum of comfort, but I feel helpless at times like this when I wish I could be there and give you a real hug.   It's always been a pleasure to post with you, too.   I hold you and yours in my prayers.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom, I am sorry to hear about your brother.   Take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

You remind me of my new favorite mantra:  "When they go low, we go high."  (Courtesy of a famous person)  Your post is full of the truth and helps us all.  Even when I get lonely, I never feel alone.  I know my loved ones are out there, only as far away as a phone call, and I consider myself the luckiest person I know.

As I said in another thread, I wish you peace above all. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Image result for thank you christmas pics

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Smiley love 085.gif

@KingstonsMom

❤️(((IG)))❤️.    I'm so, so sorry.   Your post brought tears to my eyes, and my heart breaks for you and your family.   I'm glad this thread offered a modicum of comfort, but I feel helpless at times like this when I wish I could be there and give you a real hug.   It's always been a pleasure to post with you, too.   I hold you and yours in my prayers.  

@dooBdoo

Thank you so much sweet lady, I truly appreciate it.Heart

I hope you and your family have a safe and merry Christmas with all of the family, friends and food that you can stand, LOL!!

BTW, I love your avatar of the twinkling Christmas tree!

I just didn't have the heart to decorate this year......maybe next year!

Smiley party 071.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Smiley love 085.gif

@dooBdoo@KingstonsMom,Why don't we just hold hands, Luv.  About ten years ago we lost the youngest of our two sons a month after Christmas in a wreck three houses down from his best friend's house.  He was six weeks from twenty.

Sometimes it's all we can do to buy toys for our older son's two little boys, or I bake cookies and candy he loved at this time of year.

Thanks OP.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Smiley love 085.gif

@KingstonsMom

How tragic for you and your family, IG, I did not know.  I can't imagine the pain he must have felt, and then the rest of the family.  It happens more often than we like to think.  My daughters have several friends (all men) who have taken themselves out . . . too many.  It's not their fault, but they leave behind so much pain.  I'm so sorry. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986