Honored Contributor

Re: To bring a smile: A Toad story......

@ItsME -

I've never seen a frog like him.

He sure is cute!

That's a great pictureSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   Thank you!  I love these guys!!!

Respected Contributor

My neighbor has a very small toad or frog on her deck stairs. She's moved him a couple times as she's afraid she'll step on him. He's not very big and blends in. She has a small koi pond but he doesn't seem to go in it. Very cute.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I was taking the dogs outside for their last walk. My female was ahead going down the driveway. She stopped abruptly and there was a frog sitting still. He was holding a worm and would not move or let it go. 
   The dogs circled it and it wasn't moving. We went on our walk and the frog was gone when we returned, so was the worm. I've never seen a frog eat a worm!

Honored Contributor

How much does he charge for moth removal?

Honored Contributor

We also have a little frog friend who sticks to the house next to the front door. I think he or she likes being near our front porch light for the same reason yours does @FiddleDeeDee.

I also think he may assume we worship frogs. We have a really old black cast iron door stop, that I love, in the shape of a frog by the front door. I assume he considers it a lifesized statue in his honor.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

We have toads around here, but my favorite are the tree frogs that start singing in the evenings in Spring time.

I have seen them just as babies, and they are no bigger than a penny, and bright green.

I remember my mom taking me to our zinnia bed and pointing out a tiny green tree frog, right in the middle of a big pink zinnia.  He looked like the center of the flower, and I couldn't see it for the longest time.  Finally, I saw it!  So cute.