Esteemed Contributor

Re: To all our veterans thank you for your service

When I hear people on TV say Happy Veteran's Day I kind of cringe. I think today is a day of remembrance and kind of somber. A day of reverance for the sacrifice,the highest sacrifice,so many made for us. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

@IMW Thanks for starting this thread. It's important we never forget.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   That’s Memorial Day. 

Honored Contributor

Watched some of the Vetern's Day presentations on Fox News. 

Love Lee Greenwood. Love hearing the Star Spangled Banner. No one disrespected it.

We have 3 generations in our family.

Esteemed Contributor

The 11th hour of the 11th month we remember our dead and thank those serving is the way I was taught.   But however it's all good. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

The 11th hour of the 11th month we remember our dead and thank those serving is the way I was taught.   But however it's all good. 

@MoJoV  Yes it’s all good. The American Legion and VFW in our town have been celebrating all day. I was taught Memorial Day was to remember the fallen and Veterans Day was to celebrate our veterans. 

But I am wrong many times so it won’t be the first.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

When I hear people on TV say Happy Veteran's Day I kind of cringe. I think today is a day of remembrance and kind of somber. A day of reverance for the sacrifice,the highest sacrifice,so many made for us. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I don't know Stan Hermann said,"Happy Vetern's Day" today at the end of his presentation and he was Korean War Vet. I guess if you're happy you're happy.

Respected Contributor

This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day. On Memorial Day we honor those who perished. 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@MoJoV 

That's MEMORIAL day.

I'm surprised after all this time, people still get

Veterans Day & Memorial Day confused....