Honored Contributor

Re: To Those Who Live in or Around Phoenix

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just made a quick run to the post office to mail some checks.  It's 98° with humidity less than 6%.  Steering wheel was too hot to touch. 

@Kachina624

Now Kachina I bet you wore a layered outfit with vests and or jackets to be "on trend" that QVC is always promoting  ya know "you can wear these layers all year long even in the warmer places in the U.S. "............Like the long duster that was on AM STYLE this morning.....Leah said it was a year round item and in the summer you could wear the vest with a t-shirt and in the fall/winter a turtle neck....I hate to disappoint Leah but I'm wearing capris and a tank top and will be changing the capris to shorts as the hot weather continues.......yeah right, layers and long sleeves....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Do any of you that live in the hot climates have cities that try to impose these "smart thermostats" that lets the city control the temperature in your home....and when it's a heat advisory kinda day upper 90's they shut off the A/Cs for 30 minutes at a time during hot parts of the day to "conserve power".....they tried to talk me into it and I said NO WAY!!! I work from home sometimes and I don't want to be without any A/C ....the house gets too hot and my A/C guy told me that is not good on A/C units because when they come back on they have to work extra hard to cool down your home during the hot part of the day and over a period of time this causes A/C problems....so what the city is doing doesnt even make sense...(they say its to prevent brown outs)........I turn up my regular thermostat to 78 and use fans and that's my contribution..........they also impose a "seasonal adjustment" and increase rates during the hot months ......funny how their executives that work for City Public Service Energy always manage to get BIG bonuses from our high rates no doubt! Woman Mad  I'm glad I live in a small condo and dont need to cool a large home.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Do any of you that live in the hot climates have cities that try to impose these "smart thermostats" that lets the city control the temperature in your home....and when it's a heat advisory kinda day upper 90's they shut off the A/Cs for 30 minutes at a time during hot parts of the day to "conserve power".....they tried to talk me into it and I said NO WAY!!! I work from home sometimes and I don't want to be without any A/C ....the house gets too hot and my A/C guy told me that is not good on A/C units because when they come back on they have to work extra hard to cool down your home during the hot part of the day and over a period of time this causes A/C problems....so what the city is doing doesnt even make sense...(they say its to prevent brown outs)........I turn up my regular thermostat to 78 and use fans and that's my contribution..........they also impose a "seasonal adjustment" and increase rates during the hot months ......funny how their executives that work for City Public Service Energy always manage to get BIG bonuses from our high rates no doubt! Woman Mad  I'm glad I live in a small condo and dont need to cool a large home.............

No thanks. With the smart meters they know which appliances you are running,  and how long. They have the ablility to shut off certain appliances in your home. 

Honored Contributor

Good golly, what next ? Can't run your own home any more. For those who want to pay 500 a month then fine let them do it if your thrifty like we are and just turn it on at 2:00 and the thermostat is on 78 then that's our business.

Never heard of such a thing. !

Honored Contributor

amarillo has something called 'budget pay' to where they just to make your monthly electric bill equal each month, but, there is a 'balloon' payment at end of yr.

We don't have that 'stuff'. We know what we use each month none of that budget pay as U go stuff.  People think their saving money but they're living in a fool's paradise. Their bills are cheaper then mine and they think that makes them above me, but, I don't have a balloon payment where they put it to you either. LOL

I just suffer yr. round hahahhahahahah

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just made a quick run to the post office to mail some checks.  It's 98° with humidity less than 6%.  Steering wheel was too hot to touch. 

@Kachina624

Now Kachina I bet you wore a layered outfit with vests and or jackets to be "on trend" that QVC is always promoting  ya know "you can wear these layers all year long even in the warmer places in the U.S. "............Like the long duster that was on AM STYLE this morning.....Leah said it was a year round item and in the summer you could wear the vest with a t-shirt and in the fall/winter a turtle neck....I hate to disappoint Leah but I'm wearing capris and a tank top and will be changing the capris to shorts as the hot weather continues.......yeah right, layers and long sleeves....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif...

@Spurt  You are so right!  I think those people have never been in a really hot climate.  There'll be no vests, layers, scarves, 3/4 or longer sleeves, knitted legwear, nothing resembling tights, no enclosed suede "shooties".   In short, as little and as lightweight as possible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Has it ever gotten up to 120 before? Please stay safe and hydrated.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The ones that I feel for are the baggage handlers at Sky Harbor airport.

They have to load and unload all of the luggage from the planes!

They will suspend planes landing at Sky Harbor if the temps go to 120 or above. 

I didn't know that.  Sure would be safer for everyone involved if they did that. I didn't know they did that though.  (My bolding).

Honored Contributor

This type of climate change is what's facing a lot of us.

The Bay Area is also dealing with a heat wave, uncommon in June.  It will be up to at least 103 this week in some surrounding areas.

That's A LOT when you're not used to it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday is going to be a HOT one.

Las Vegas-115

Phoenix-119

Lake Havasu-120

Laughlin-123

Death Valley-124